Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hudson144

Carroll Vs. Mount Vernon: Update

12 posts in this topic

After an investigation it has been determined that the letter submitted by the Vulcan Society of Westchester in July 07 to halt the promotions of 2 firefighters was forged. The signature of the president of the Vulcans at the time was forged! The investigation is continuing as to what fire official from FDMV forged the document.

Wow, thats odd. Can us guys from way outta Westchester get alittle more background on this case?

After an investigation it has been determined that the letter submitted by the Vulcan Society of Westchester in July 07 to halt the promotions of 2 firefighters was forged. The signature of the president of the Vulcans at the time was forged! The investigation is continuing as to what fire official from FDMV forged the document.

To me that almost seems like a non-issue. (Although the Pres of the Vulcans could have announced a year and a half ago that it was forged.)

The real problem here is that the then-mayor even honored the premise of the letter, forged or otherwise. The Vulcans said jump and the Mayor Ernie said, how high?

The objective goal of that assinine Decree was met yrs. ago. The time has come to put it to rest once and for all! If a document was forged, the culprit should be thrown in Jail! Every dog has his day, and if it is who I think it may be, let him share a cell with Madoff! :angry:

Any word on the halted promotions. They should promoted as soon as possible, with back pay regardless if a new list was established after this. Hopefully the union will be forcefully involved in this one. Smells like bovine excrement to me , typical of the stuff that goes on in Mt Vernon.

Sage here is the link: http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopi...=vulcan+society

Edited by grumpyff

I actually heard it was spray painted or Tagged!!! on the side of City Hall :rolleyes:

Case may bolster firefighter's race claims

By Richard Liebson and Timothy O'Connor • rliebson@lohud.com • May 12, 2009

MOUNT VERNON - When Joseph Carroll raised his right hand and was sworn in as a Mount Vernon firefighter in 1988, he said, "I took an oath to be a firefighter. Not a white firefighter, or a black firefighter - just a firefighter.''

FULL STORY: http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...EWS02/905120368

Aside from being a seriously experienced and ready to lead firefighter, there isn't a nicer gentleman you'll meet in the fire service than Jody Caroll. Best of luck Jody, FDMV needs you as a leader. Stay safe.