Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - Pawling Fire District - 660 Old Quaker Hill Rd. - 3/7/09

62 posts in this topic

What happened to Photounit?? Everyone is buzzing, waiting for his shots. No one does it better......

Be patient...he has a very busy work schedule this week...and he took a ton of pics to process and upload....put it this way, it was the first time ever that he filled his memory up....and Bill has a "big hard drive" :P

Be patient...he has a very busy work schedule this week...and he took a ton of pics to process and upload....put it this way, it was the first time ever that he filled his memory up....and Bill has a "big hard drive" :P

They should be awesome and well worth the wait, is the card a 8G?

Dan who is the fugly guy in the smurf suit in your avatar?

OK,,,,,,,, Here are some more photo's...... I filled up one 16 GB, One 8GB, and almost half of another 8 GB CF card with Photo's and video...... I have a lot of images to go through and I'm only half way through what I have.......

489057401_FxNE8-XL.jpg

The porta-tank operation which was set up on the roadway I/F/O the structure....... Numerous tankers from N.Y. and Conn. were utilized in the tanker shuttle operation.

489064614_mtenk-XL.jpg

The Pawlings 54-13 operates in the front of the building.....

489064384_xMt9Q-XL.jpg

No water......

489067167_QNLuN-XL.jpg

Firefighters hit the fire from the ground and Air...... You can see the hay at the edge of the roof as well as on the unburned roof to the left.....

489064673_aA7FM-XL.jpg

"Brewstas" Ladder goes to work......

Edited by Photounit

Great photos there Bill. I love your website, ever thought of making a trip down to Australia to take some pics to add to your collection?

489060488_fprUh-XL.jpg

Ready for water......

489068289_FmxVT-XL.jpg

A lot of "Red stuff"

489113143_r7YGA-XL.jpg

A shot from the rear...... This was a beautiful place.....

489074239_sJVkH-XL.jpg

A shot showing the heavy beam construction .......

489075996_fJJ2E-XL.jpg

Another shot of the front..... The Firefighters on the left are standing on the edge of the moat that surrounded the residence.....

489064384_xMt9Q-XL.jpg

"No water'

NOpe...and a 129k looking for some!

Great photos there Bill. I love your website, ever thought of making a trip down to Australia to take some pics to add to your collection?

Thanks Andrew :rolleyes: Is that an invitation? ;)

Thanks Andrew :rolleyes: Is that an invitation? ;)

Of course, any time, there is a group of around 10 of us also planning a trip to New York in 2011 for the world police fire games as we hosted it in Adelaide a few years back. I reckon you would love to see our Headquarters station which has won awards world wide for it's design and houses 2 engines, 1 rescue, 2 trucks, 1 quint, 1 field comm, 1 hazmat and a host of other support pieces...

Might even catch a few working fires.

489064384_xMt9Q-XL.jpg

"No water'

NOpe...and a 129k looking for some!

Is that a guy kneeling by the rear outrigger? What's he praying for, water?

489075996_fJJ2E-XL.jpg

What's the deal with all of those stripes on the one brother's pants - DEPTH GAUGE? :lol:

That's some house. Did that moat get used for a water supply?

What's the deal with all of those stripes on the one brother's pants - DEPTH GAUGE? :lol:

That's some house. Did that moat get used for a water supply?

Depth guage...I like that....they must have come from a firepoliceman.

Regarding the moat...it only held the water that we were pumping onto the house...in a few of Bill's photos you can see the ends were really open, but in the front, where we were operating, it was a good 4 foot drop down...you'll see when he posts the video of me attempting to vent a window with a long fiberglass I-beam hook...that flexed...a Little! :rolleyes:

Depth guage...I like that....they must have come from a firepoliceman.

Regarding the moat...it only held the water that we were pumping onto the house...in a few of Bill's photos you can see the ends were really open, but in the front, where we were operating, it was a good 4 foot drop down...you'll see when he posts the video of me attempting to vent a window with a long fiberglass I-beam hook...that flexed...a Little! :rolleyes:

Hmmmmmm..... Depth gauge...... I was wondering about the stripes too.......

Here are a few photo's from the X129K@work collection :lol:

489236985_sRz9X-XL.jpg

Here's Dan trying to take the window...... All you heard is a "Boinggggggg" sound.....

489237027_TC7oj-XL.jpg

Here's Dan a few seconds later...... He's blurry because of the vibrations from the pole which is still "boinging" from the impact on the window..... :o:P

Edited by Photounit

Yeah....4 out of 5 windows took a few blows to break....but the one I really, REALLY wound up for...broke VERRRRRRRY easy...Twadell from pawling there grabbed me from falling into the moat...

Keep posting Bill...I am here mandated on the midnight tour....watching the clock...

Edited by x129K

Yeah....4 out of 5 windows took a few blows to break....but the one I really, REALLY wound up for...broke VERRRRRRRY easy...Twadell from pawling there grabbed me from falling into the moat...

Keep posting Bill...I am here mandated on the midnight tour....watching the clock...

One last shot from the X129K@work collection ;)

489252446_JmwFv-X2.jpg

That's it for me..... I'll add more photo's to my gallery tomorrow.....

x129K likes this

Those fiberglass I-beam hooks are garbage. Give me a wooden shaft pike pole or the good ol' STEEL NY roof hook anyday!

Those fiberglass I-beam hooks are garbage. Give me a wooden shaft pike pole or the good ol' STEEL NY roof hook anyday!

Word Up...I ended up borrowing an 8 foot steel hook from the Brewster Brothers...Soooooo much better.

Word Up...I ended up borrowing an 8 foot steel hook from the Brewster Brothers...Soooooo much better.

I tried talking to the Chief about getting some of those on 36 Truck... he didn't bite. (yet) on another note, i'm not sure who was wearing those pants but it reminds me of the gear the "Fire Duck" would wear while doing traffic control for the carnival...

Those stripes are for when he's running the pump so that he can point out what the tank water level is at to the firefighters... :P

I tried talking to the Chief about getting some of those on 36 Truck... he didn't bite. (yet) on another note, i'm not sure who was wearing those pants but it reminds me of the gear the "Fire Duck" would wear while doing traffic control for the carnival...

Hey chief I believe they are the Fire Ducks old set

I have added all the photo's (200) to my gallery here - Gallery link: http://fdphotounit.smugmug.com/gallery/753...489055493_G7nJD

- Slideshow Link: http://fdphotounit.smugmug.com/photos/swfp...;AlbumKey=bHEZU (Sit back and watch the show)

Here are a few more images -

489518625_gcRcv-XL.jpg

A group of firefighters assembled for this quick shot.....

489519399_YHPCL-XL.jpg

"I'm getting outta here" The owners Bull Dog makes a break for it after suddenly and unexpectedly darting out the front door........

489519493_QqZwp-XL.jpg

Only to be grabbed by a pursuing firefighter......

489519953_s4UDz-XL.jpg

The dog was no worse for wear and after a little bottled water from firefighters, he was ready to go....... That is back to his owner......

489529978_6yani-XL.jpg

This is the buildings owner directing one of his employees to trench the roof with the claw of the excavator....... This successfully kept the fire from spreading....... God that had to be tough......

Sounds like a task for the emtbravo road patrol to find him

Dan /Mark, Here is your "person of interest"....... She sat there filming from this one spot I believe...... (I was all over so I can't say that for sure but every time I looked, she was here)

489523018_8ZzHr-XL.jpg

and oh yeah,,,,,,,, by request.......

489533253_DkcVP-XL.jpg

489532730_8UVVn-XL.jpg

This is a shot of the command post which I took as I was leaving...... Hey! It's me....... Just some clown with a camera...... Actually I was carrying two.......... :lol:;)

Edited by Photounit

photounit nice job as always

Dan /Mark, Here is your "person of interest"....... She sat there filming from this one spot I believe...... (I was all over so I can't say that for sure but every time I looked, she was here)

489523018_8ZzHr-XL.jpg

and oh yeah,,,,,,,, by request.......

489533253_DkcVP-XL.jpg

You know, I don't care for the blue turnouts, but Big Blue is a pretty nice looking truck......

Video is up! I have added unedited, hand-held Hi-Def video clips of this incident...... You can find it here : http://www.vimeo.com/3633673

Edited by Photounit

you'll see when he posts the video of me attempting to vent a window with a long fiberglass I-beam hook...that flexed...a Little! :rolleyes:

That's what you get for not having a man's hook in your hands brother!! lol.

Got to give one thing to those stripes...they do stand out. Ugly as all hell! But they do stand out. Reminds me of the scene in Spies Like Us where they put on all the stuff to make them look like aliens. If they only had those too they would have been complete!