Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Wassaic Large Grass fire with Barn Exposure: 3/15/09

13 posts in this topic

When Command arrived on scene all equipped was requested to the scene as there was a large grass fire with a barn as an exposure. A quick response and apparatus placement quickly knocked the fire down before reaching the barn. Thanks to the Amenia firefighters that responded to assist. Photos by Dan Killmer after knockdown.

post-16297-1237156195.jpg

post-16297-1237156173.jpg

post-16297-1237156150.jpg

post-16297-1237156131.jpg

post-16297-1237156115.jpg

Crews extinguishing the original pile that was being burned that got out of control.

post-16297-1237156331.jpg

Explorer Randy Killmer assists Asst. Chief Christiansen with refilling Tanker 69-31

post-16297-1237156415.jpg

post-16297-1237156095.jpg

post-16297-1237156310.jpg

nice photos Mark thanks for sharing and nice job

Sorry for the duplicate pics, I tried editing them and then they got out of order

You guys almost had one that looks just like your avatar, Mark!

You guys almost had one that looks just like your avatar, Mark!

Yes indeed Jack, the guys made a quick attack and the brothers from Amenia responded and assisted without being requested (Thanks), it was just about out, with exception of the original pile when I arrived with the last Engine.

Hopefully this is not an indication of the brush fire season, we have already had two, with only one last year, although that one was a BIG two day event.

Nice stop! Grass fires are a routine thing around here, and every department has a "grass truck". Easy to put out, but they move really, really fast- especially with wind.

Good work, do you have a brush rig??

Good work, do you have a brush rig??

Here she is, 1979 Pierce/Chevy; 300 GPM pump and 300 gallon booster tank, we are opening bids tonight for her replacement.

post-16297-1237238083.jpg

click on the link to our website in my signature for check out our other apparatus.

Hoping to add something like this, well of course in blue.

post-16297-1237238322.jpg

Haha of course, i love the blue...

Yes indeed Jack, the guys made a quick attack and the brothers from Amenia responded and assisted without being requested (Thanks), it was just about out, with exception of the original pile when I arrived with the last Engine.

Hopefully this is not an indication of the brush fire season, we have already had two, with only one last year, although that one was a BIG two day event.

Seems like its gonna be a busy brush fire season, hope not to duplicate your fire last year