Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ff026

Rockland County's new UHF APCO 25 trunking System

14 posts in this topic

rockland county is going to be replacing all of its LOW BAND and VHF radios with a new DIGITAL trunking system.

it is going to be 9600 Baud APCO 25 trunking,

fire dispatch will remain on low band simulcast with the UHF trunking system for only 1 talkgroup.

EMS is going to UHF Trunked paging.

all talk groups will be digital

fireground is going to be simplex ANALOG using the existing TAC channels fed through voters to 44 Control.

if you wanna monitor rockland in the future you need a APCO 25 compliant scannner.

the earlier bearcat scanner with digital will not do APCO 25 trunking.

You need a 9600 Baud trunking scanner.

it is still a few years away but my sources tell me it is gonna happen and the COUNTY wants it expidted they dont wanna wait around they want it done ASAP before the technoligy is "out grown"

[quote="

You need a 9600 Baud trunking scanner.

it is still a few years away but my sources tell me it is gonna happen and the COUNTY wants it expidted they dont wanna wait around they want it done ASAP before the technoligy is "out grown"

Where can you get such a device? Possibly Scanner World or somewhere like that???

the BC 796 is a 9600 Baud scanner

the BC 796 is a 9600 Baud scanner

Is this what Westchster County might get ?

http://www.uniden.com/productpop/00_produc...prd_code=BC796D

Westchester would never get something like that. All that is is a radio receiver, not a transmiter.

To go with Westechester's original radio plans, you wouldn't need anything that sophisticated. A trunk tracker would work just fine. No need for digital capabilities. With the rumered changes now, who knows.

Westchester is going to a trunked analog UHF system. There aren't current plans to convert the system to digital, although it might have made more sense. Most TrunkTracker scanners by Uniden and Radio Shack will be more than adequate to listen to the system.

Westchester is going to a trunked analog UHF system.  There aren't current plans to convert the system to digital, although it might have made more sense.  Most TrunkTracker scanners by Uniden and Radio Shack will be more than adequate to listen to the system.

so the Pro-95 should be ok, right?

If it can do Motorola analog trunking (if memory serves), then yes.

And what is Putnam getting--NOTHING--maybe we will convert back to the string and can method.

And what is Putnam getting--NOTHING--maybe we will convert back to the string and can method.

We tried that but NYCANCO kept telling us the strings were no good and.....well you know the rest. ](*,)

Darn and I had a set ordered too!!!