Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

Structure Fire - East Fishkill Fire District - 11 Waldo Lane - 06/01/09

38 posts in this topic

Here's one shot for now........ More later......

551941972_FstTs-XL.jpg

Edited by Photounit

That's just plain mean............

You Tease !!!

Nice Picture. Looks like a good job.

EFFD has been running their boots off lately

That's just plain mean............

You Tease !!!

Nice Picture. Looks like a good job.

EFFD has been running their boots off lately

I was thinking the same thing on everything you said

Nice picture. Can't wait to see more.

Man that is a nice shot!

Appears to be an interesting house as well!

I heard a civilian got a lady out of the house and wanted no publicity and left . Anyone hear anymore on this?

I think that house was built in 1820

I think that house was built in 1820

I believe it was a barn initially that was converted into a residence......... I would not doubt that the barn itself was built then.....

Ok...... Here are some more images........ My camera died after this fire and is now dead........ :unsure: Undoubtedly as a result of getting wet at the last East Fishkill Job........ I have had several numb nuts express their displeasure with me selling my photo's ...... I guess that they feel that I should give everything away......... I also lost a flash and scratched the front element of one of my lenses so that puts me in the hole for over $4K this year alone..... Canon won't repair water damaged cameras and neither will the flash manufacturer so I'm SOL............ I have to sell a lot of photo's to make that up............ Oh yeah...... I forgot........ My camera is dead so I can't take any more photo's to sell......... Excuse me while I get down from my soap box....... :angry:

On with the photo's.................

552550169_z7p62-XL.jpg

Walk up shot....... Smoke rises above the trees as East Fishkill's water supply engine lays out to the road where the porta-tank operation will be set up......

552550414_vGsFi-XL.jpg

Crew makes entry at front of structure......

552551014_P77pL-XL.jpg

EFFD 39-1 (Chief Scott Post) Gives orders to incoming units......

552551042_CHHhF-XL.jpg

Village of Fishkill arrives on scene.....

552551485_SLMDi-XL.jpg

Smokes starting to pick up.....

Edited by Photounit

552552151_9NyFb-X2.jpg

Reading the face of the building....... Fishkill Firefighters get ready to make entry.....

552554317_8Z3HT-XL.jpg

Limited access........ The tree cover hampered aerial access and photo's......

552556037_ouMam-XL.jpg

All lathered up...... The inital attack team covered with foam, comes out for a break.....

552556590_GBHHT-XL.jpg

Smoke is increasing.....

552557494_Nhe8Q-XL.jpg

Not good.......

Edited by Photounit

552557536_HNeFi-XL.jpg

Fire vents from the second floor on the #4 side......

552561752_EqmRt-XL.jpg

Heavy fire....... The fire apparently was in the floor and walls and the floor reportedly collapsed at this point in this area.... All FF's were removed from the structure and and exterior attack was initiated......

552564116_oSNh2-XL.jpg

Working on the edge......The fire was held to this area and within ~ 12 minutes FF's were back in side and all fire was knocked down......

552567614_jhZF7-XL.jpg

Looking much better in the rear......

552569229_ENCzH-XL.jpg

The Squad.........

Edited by Photounit

552569458_pniMR-XL.jpg

The Press.......

552569574_yEGmF-XL.jpg

The knock-down....... Good job!

Edited by Photounit

Wow....great stop! EXCELLENT series in judging conditions and reading smoke - a SFI oughta buy them for a class!

Let me add Bill, I went through the entire album, and hands down some of your best work!

Excelelnt firefighting too! EVERYTHING I noticed in the pic = DONE in the next frame or two! STRONG WORK!

Good to see a Past Chief in there doing it as well! Nice mule kick!

I just want to clarify that my "rant" was not as result of anything that happened at this incident or with any EFFD members and I apologize to Chief Post if I came across that way.........EFFD has been nothing but courteous and professional to me as well as 99.9 % of the other personnel/departments I have dealt with and I TRULY APPRICIATE THAT!!!!!!! Yesterday was a bad day for me and my camera dying was the icing on the cake.... I presently have my camera in surgery (It's in numerous pieces) and I'm hoping for the same outcome as this incident had - A GREAT SAVE........ It was truly a good stop and was the kind of incident I love to photograph which is one where firefighters are actively engaged in an offensive battle... It costs me in many ways to do my fire photography at the level I do it ....... I don't do it to make money..... I do it because I LOVE TO DO IT..... Through my photographs I try to build camaraderie and give the fire service some of the recognition it deserves which is priceless to me.....

Edited by Photounit

I just want to clarify that my "rant" was not as result of anything that happened at this incident or with any EFFD members and I apologize to Chief Post if I came across that way.........EFFD has been nothing but courteous and professional to me as well as 99.9 % of the other personnel/departments I have dealt with and I TRULY APPRICIATE THAT!!!!!!! Yesterday was a bad day for me and my camera dying was the icing on the cake.... I presently have my camera in surgery (It's in numerous pieces) and I'm hoping for the same outcome as this incident had - A GREAT SAVE........ It was truly a good stop and was the kind of incident I love to photograph which is one where firefighters are actively engaged in an offensive battle... It costs me in many ways to do my fire photography at the level I do it ....... I don't do it to make money..... I do it because I LOVE TO DO IT..... Through my photographs I try to build camaraderie and give the fire service some of the recognition it deserves which is priceless to me.....

Thanks Bill, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem, I don't like to see things fester. You are always welcome at our incidents because your photos tell the true story of what we do.

Thanks and good luck with the camera!

Scott

Geez Bill, for a while there we thought you didn't love us anymore ;)

Bill you are always welcome to use my camera. It is no 1,000 dollar camera, but it is yours to use. When ever you need it. And once I count my pennies I will take some great shots from Mr. Fire Photo. Your are the man. Keep your head up. Camera is yours 24/7.

Thomas

Bill you are always welcome to use my camera. It is no 1,000 dollar camera, but it is yours to use. When ever you need it. And once I count my pennies I will take some great shots from Mr. Fire Photo. Your are the man. Keep your head up. Camera is yours 24/7.

Thomas

Tommy, I don't think Bill really wants to show up at a scene with a camera made by Fisher Price............

Tommy, I don't think Bill really wants to show up at a scene with a camera made by Fisher Price............

LMAO!

552569458_pniMR-XL.jpg

The Press.......

552569574_yEGmF-XL.jpg

The knock-down....... Good job!

I see Sgt. Keefe guarding the media.

Bill is truly the man and again great shots. I recently advised Bill that he got me wanting to start getting back into photography, made my wallet alittle lighter in doing but I am looking forward to it. As stated the first do shots and the way the incident is documented is awesome and Bill I hope the camera makes it through the procedure.

Question for Chief Post I see in a few photos foam, how long has EFFD been using Class A at structurial incidents, this is actually the first time I have seen it, well other than at the large barn fire recently, thanks Chief.

Here noted on the crew:

post-16297-1244035292.jpg

and here it is running out through the garage opening:

post-16297-1244035322.jpg

51XsxbR7oKL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I wondered what happened to my daughters camera :lol:

Bill I think you should try to organize a county photo training class. I know I would pay to learn some tricks from you.

Bill I think you should try to organize a county photo training class. I know I would pay to learn some tricks from you.

+1, I'll second that motion

Another great job by EFFD. Great photos. Wish you could come to the south and teach are guys to take photos like you. Keep up the great work all.

It was truly a good stop and was the kind of incident I love to photograph which is one where firefighters are actively engaged in an offensive battle... It costs me in many ways to do my fire photography at the level I do it ....... I don't do it to make money..... I do it because I LOVE TO DO IT..... Through my photographs I try to build camaraderie and give the fire service some of the recognition it deserves which is priceless to me.....

Exactly my resons too!!!

Bill is truly the man and again great shots. I recently advised Bill that he got me wanting to start getting back into photography, made my wallet alittle lighter in doing but I am looking forward to it. As stated the first do shots and the way the incident is documented is awesome and Bill I hope the camera makes it through the procedure.

Question for Chief Post I see in a few photos foam, how long has EFFD been using Class A at structurial incidents, this is actually the first time I have seen it, well other than at the large barn fire recently, thanks Chief.

Here noted on the crew:

post-16297-1244035292.jpg

and here it is running out through the garage opening:

post-16297-1244035322.jpg

We started with foam systems on two engines in the mid-90's and in had it installed on our 4 engines purchased in 2001. We usually use it when it is requested however, the crews that operate with 3921 are pretty regular about using it on just about everything. It didn't help that much at the barn fire or as it is being referred to now as the warehouse fire. It is piped into our pre-connects on the six engines with the systems. Part of the problem is remembering it's there.... <_<

Stay safe,

Scott

Thanks Chief, we have class A on both of our 2 engines and have started to get back to using it more, it's an excellent tool but like any tool you gotta use it often and keep proficient in its use.

Thanks Chief, we have class A on both of our 2 engines and have started to get back to using it more, it's an excellent tool but like any tool you gotta use it often and keep proficient in its use.

Agreed, always good to see others using it! Great when used properly!

Thanks for the offer Tom! When I read this I was drinking a Coke and sprayed it all over my LCD screen and shorted that out! :lol: Only kidding about shorting the LCD out......... I did have to clean up a few drops of soda though........ Fisher Price :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway...... I took my camera apart and was able to find the problem........ It was not an easy task but fortunately I was able to do it....... This ability has kept me employed up until now and actually allowed me to earn the money to be able to afford the camera in the first place...... Apparently some water made its way into the rear panel of the camera in the area of the jog dial and on/off switch after it got wet at the Fishkill Farms Fire...... As this water dried, it left behind trace salt and mineral deposits (Which conduct electricity) which eventually caused problems with the on/off circuit and jog dial........You could barley see the deposits but all was well after I cleaned everything with IPA.... I had problems with the rear LCD display too after I got the camera to power up but that was because I needed to re-seat some of the microscopic ribbon cables that I had to disconnect to take the camera apart.......... So far the camera seems fine......... I GOT LUCKY......... This was definitely not something that you should try at home and something that I hope I don't have to do again..... Nor do I want to see the look on my wife's face again when she sees my $3k camera body in numerous pieces........Whew.......

Thanks everybody!!!!!!!!

3595556434_82b43d3eec.jpg

3594750583_d355af8c17.jpg

Close to what I had to do.......

Edited by Photounit