Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Out and about, a little bit of this, a little bit of that..

24 posts in this topic

I've been doing a ton of running around the past few weeks, and I had left the camera in the locker at work. I grabbed it and discussed another out and about with Bronx Fire Radio. This time, to his neck of the woods in Yonkers. But first, I was up in Milford, PA last month with my special lady friend, looking for some green label JD when, oh, look what I found!!!

Milford Engine 33-1 1995 Pierce

E-32-1.jpg

Engine 33-2 2007 KME

E-32-2.jpg

Rescue 33, 200? Spartan, soon to get the Chicago Treatment..

R-33.jpg

Finally Tanker 33. 2008 Sterling/4 Guys 2500 Gallons.

Tanker33.jpg

My next visit up there, I will be hitting Westphall, PA. Safety(Road Stripe) Yellow rigs. But first some stuff a little closer to home.

So after picking up some of the Tenessee Sour Mash, a couple of weddings, and travelling around Orange and Ulster Counties, and just saying to myself, I am so getting back up here with the camera. I decided to hit my neighbor to the north with Adam. I've been living in the city 12 years after leaving Lake Carmel and had never shot Yonkers. First Stop, Squad 11(311).

Sq-11.jpg

Then the Collapse Rescue, 2008 Mack/Hackney...NICE!!!!!

RC-11.jpg

We tried to hit Rescue 1/TL-71, but there was the Puerto Rican Day festival right across the street. No Way we were getting shots of them. But, I got this.

YonkersPD.jpg

I considered an assume the position shot, but I don't know if the Yonkers cops would have been keen on it. Maybe next time.

We did spy this beast leaving the festival, and followed it up Nepperhan Avenue. It was pretty interesting watching them try to back this thing into the building. 2007 Freightliner/Hackney??

YFDUSAR.jpg

Next stop after some grub. E-312/TL-75/Bn-2.

YE-312.jpg

YTL-75.jpg

Hats off to the Yonkers guys for putting the Q on the Chiefs Car..

YB-2.jpg

Next stop, the Orient Express, a trip back in time, and Da Top of Da Bronx!!!

Station 13 was the first Yonkers house I had ever visited when I was a kid. My Aunt and Uncle lived a few blocks away and I remember my uncle bringing me over there in the early 80's. I remember Ladder 73 having a Lime Green ALF Tiller with the bubble windows on the tiller seat. And E-313 was one of those Continental thingies.

Not the same now with the Smeal/HME Rearmount, but it's still cool going back after nearly 30 years.

YL-73.jpg

YE-313-2.jpg

YE-313.jpg

Last stop...Wakefield..

Edited by JBE

Don't recall seeing that bad a** collapse truck before...NICE grab!

Rassum Frassum picture limits..

I had seen Mike Martinellis shots of this rig, and I wanted a few of my own. So Adam and I headed over to 63, we lucked out as they were just coming in from another Unified Call Taker CF. I like the black over white on the numbers.

E-63.jpg

63Front.jpg

Big thanx to Yonkers, the guys in 63/39/and the 15, and to Adam for driving me around this time.

I am on vacation a big chunk of July, so if anyone wants me to come up and shoot rigs for them, PM me. I'll bring Adam if he isn't working.

Edited by JBE

Oh, man.......Milford's "CONVERTING"!!! :o

Oh, and that's a Kenworth/Pierce, not Sterling. ;):D

Edited by AndyC3J

Thanx Andy, usually I have this stuff up right after I take it. This was a few weeks in between so my memory isn't too good sometimes.

Ah, Jimmy got to the computer before me, again! Most of my shots are near duplicates of his, but I will add another picture of the Collapse rig. I really dug the composite around the grill/headlights - a new twist on a familiar old Mack face...

collapse.jpg

After chasing the "Urban Search and Rescue" tractor trailer monster back to the shops, noticed 2 more Mack cabs sitting around:

mackcab.jpg

While waiting around for Ladder 75 to get back from a car wreck, took a shot of Mask Service. Lighting inside was a little funny, but it came out ok:

msu.jpg

And finally, another shot of 63 engine's new Seagrave Marauder II. I like the black numbering.

e63.jpg

That's it for now...thanks to all the Yonkers guys that helped us out today, the folks at E63, and of course the Rock n Roll Supervisor, JBE!

So question....................you gonna share some of that sweet Sour Mash JBE???????

I'll bring the ice........... :)

So question....................you gonna share some of that sweet Sour Mash JBE???????

I'll bring the ice........... :)

LOL!!!! Nice FDNY engine and Yonkers Collapse!!

That YFD Collapse Rig looks fun to drive, as they all do.

That USAR truck does look fun to drive, but i wouldn't wanna try driving that monster through the City of Yonkers! I can't imagine the hell of trying to navigate the areas with it....

Yeah, this thing doesn't look like it would turn down most streets, or navigate the hills without bottoming out. Hell, they took a few minutes to park it...

usar.jpg

Dude, few minutes is a generous understatement.

Excellent photos !

Yeah, this thing doesn't look like it would turn down most streets, or navigate the hills without bottoming out. Hell, they took a few minutes to park it...

usar.jpg

they say a good Trucker can drive his rig anywhere any time, but that thing is serious business... i think it would give a seasoned trucker some issues

That Mack Collapse Rescue looks like the outline of the grill is fashioned in to the Mack "M" lol

A couple more duplicate shots of L75, L73 and the Squad...

l75.jpg

This Smeal/Schmeal thing was a pain to shoot, after almost getting run over multiple times on Midland...

l73.jpg

And finally the SQWAD:

squad11.jpg

Or me walking into your frame..

Ah, Jimmy got to the computer before me, again! Most of my shots are near duplicates of his, but I will add another picture of the Collapse rig. I really dug the composite around the grill/headlights - a new twist on a familiar old Mack face...

collapse.jpg

After chasing the "Urban Search and Rescue" tractor trailer monster back to the shops, noticed 2 more Mack cabs sitting around:

mackcab.jpg

While waiting around for Ladder 75 to get back from a car wreck, took a shot of Mask Service. Lighting inside was a little funny, but it came out ok:

msu.jpg

And finally, another shot of 63 engine's new Seagrave Marauder II. I like the black numbering.

e63.jpg

That's it for now...thanks to all the Yonkers guys that helped us out today, the folks at E63, and of course the Rock n Roll Supervisor, JBE!

Was Chief Cartica working or Chief Blattis at 63 & 39?

milford's got the tanker and kme eng at the beginning of this year,the tanker only has 2200 gals of water

probably right after you took those pictures they sent the rescue truck out to get repainted to match the new ones,i saw at a body shop next to the orange cty ftc three weeks ago and the roof was black

unfortunately i couldn't stop to get a picture of it

Actually, the tanker only came in within the past couple of months. The KME has been around for a bit.

I think they made a change with the tanker. For the longest time, the "thumbnail" pic on their website showed an International cab, all red. and it did not create a link to any "updates" as it said it was. Needless to say, that's not what they got.

For what it's worth, this is the third department in the area to do such a thing with their color schemes. Howells started in 2005, then Unionville more recently (although I don't think they've done everything over......yet).

That USAR truck does look fun to drive, but i wouldn't wanna try driving that monster through the City of Yonkers! I can't imagine the hell of trying to navigate the areas with it....

Don't forget, this truck doesn't go on an everyday calls-mainly large scale USAR incidents. When it responds, I believe it sets up in a central staging area....it doesn't have to always be right at the incident....and YFD has smaller support vehicles that can ferry equipment....if need be. This vehicle is primarily about being able to get the right amount of the right equipment to the scene, or in USAR circumstances, sceneS. (The trailer can also be left at the scene and be self sufficient) Also, manuverability is one of the reasons why the hitch is so far back from the cab. I've seen it go out of and come in from it's current home, and it is probaly one of the most difficult places to get into and out of.....but YFD is making modifications to the building to make it easier.

And the guys who drive it make it seem like it's as easy to drive as a sports car. I give them a ton of credit, and, when the economy gets better, I think you'll see a new home for this rig.

BTW, awesome photos guys! I can't wait until I can get some photos of the newer YFD rigs......but I don't think I'll be back to NY anytime before these rigs are retired,lol!!!!