Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

EMTBravo Reaches 10,000 Members!

17 posts in this topic

As of right now (6/29/09 2030), EMTBravo.net is showing 9,990 registered members. Only ten more until the site reaches the Ten Thousand Member Milestone.

Congrats Seth, its almost there!

Congrats Seth ! I remember when the forum reached one hundred members :) .

not to kill the topic but out of those 9,990 members how many of them are "active"???

not to kill the topic but out of those 9,990 members how many of them are "active"???

About the same percentage as in many departments... :P

Agreed. Why not weed out the junk accounts ! Across the river if you don't log in once every 6 months your account gets deleted. No need for dead weight !

Agreed. Why not weed out the junk accounts ! Across the river if you don't log in once every 6 months your account gets deleted. No need for dead weight !

Numbers kid, it's all about the numbers! :lol:

About 3,000+ members a month, and it fluctuates.

There's really no need to. It would just create headaches, and more work for me.

we only need 8 more now

Do we have a special prize for member 10,000?!! :lol:

July 2, 2009 1015, We now have 9,999 Members!

NEXT!!!

10001 when I logged in today.

Quite a milestone. Congratulations Seth.

10,000 MEMBERS STRONG!

July 3, 2009

10,001 Registered Members

29,716 Forum Topics

178,696 Forum Posts

Question. How long has EMTBRAVO been in operation. And congradulations on reaching that 10,000 number. Who was it ????

Thanks guys!

Question. How long has EMTBRAVO been in operation. And congradulations on reaching that 10,000 number. Who was it ????

EMTBravo.com started January 1st, 2003 and will celebrate our 7th birthday this January. EMTBravo.NET (THESE FORUMS) will turn 6 on November 12th, 2009.

Seth - when you started this site - did you imagine it would get this big?

Seth - when you started this site - did you imagine it would get this big?

Not really. The whole site kind of "snowballed". I really wasn't aiming for anything big, just a site to share my photos and news, but the site kept growing and growing, and I've spent the past seven years (wow) trying to keep up with and cater to the growth. My favorite part of the growth of the site is that I've made many friends along the way, and I am proud of some of the change this site has sparked, as well as the goodwill that was mustered on this site to help other members in need.

As some of the earlier members remember, I started this site as a small one, to share my news and photos from Westchester when I was living in Boston. It kind of evolved, and has sparked conterversy several times, but before EMTBravo, there was really nothing like it for the areas that we encompasse. People from Commisioners all the way down to probies depend on this site for information on a veriety of topics. From day one, it has grown...and grown....and keeps growing to this day. Truck4 and his Incident Alerts have been one of the driving forces of this site, and something we are really proud of.

With our current EMTBravo.net Team, the future of this site looks even more promising. We have some challenges ahead of us as the internet changes. We have to refine some of the information put out on this board, we want to see more members posting actively, and we need to improve on member-staff communication, especially regarding technical issues.. We have a lot planned for the future, and will continue to strive to make this forum better.