Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

White Castle coming to Dutchess County?

41 posts in this topic

I was thinking the same exact thing. Good old Caldor (now Kohl's). Jamesway now the empty shell in the former Dutchess Mall. So many memories there growing up (my mother used to work in a store in the Dutchess Mall). Service Merchandise on the opposite end... Was a sad, sad, sad sight when participating in the training that was held there with the FD's before it's demolition. Sad to see what was once such a thriving mall a barren, Black Mold infested wasteland...

Ames that used to be in the Village of Fishkill, down by Rombout's firehouse. How about Lechmere and Steinbach's??

What about Bradlee's, wasn't there one of them locally??? And Sizzler, I remember there being one on Rt. 9, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember where it was?!?!?!?!

Boy, I was young back during their tragic downfall's, but still remember them vividly....

Lol, back on topic though, I welcome Sonic, White Castle, TGI Fridays, Dave and Buster's to this area.... 'bout friggin' time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barkers = Ames = Gold Gym, etc.. Village of Fishkill

Service Merchandise used to be a department store before. I used to work in that warehouse and run all over that place filling orders.

Hess (Clothing South Hills Mall)

Mays = Jamesway (Dutchess Mall)

Bradlees used to be where Barnes and Nobles is now in Poughkeepsie (The Second location and not the old one which is now Dollar Tree)

I always got a kick out of going to other Malls and you could walk through and see all the chain stores that never lasted at the Poughkeepsie Galleria perhaps the reason we don't have a lot of the franchise stores, they seem to start up in Newburg or Middletown before this area.

There is a sonic in Kingston next to Texas Roadhouse, haven't been there yet though. I do like Denny's though.

Thier is a Texas Roadhouse in Kingston??? I went to that in Watertown...that place is awesome, the waitress start line dancing in the middle of working.

Thomas

Thier is a Texas Roadhouse in Kingston??? I went to that in Watertown...that place is awesome, the waitress start line dancing in the middle of working.

Thomas

Yep! I ate there last week!~ GREAT food and cold beer!

My little guy was tripping out at throwing peanuts shells on the floor!

Yep! I ate there last week!~ GREAT food and cold beer!

My little guy was tripping out at throwing peanuts shells on the floor!

Good food indeed, Kingston could use a Red Robin too, love that place. Between the two I could be set for life as far as dining out goes.

Ahhhh, lol, so funny to sit back and reminisce! Either way, can't wait for this influx of wonderful, terrible FOR you food joints!!!

Sonic will be in the Hanaford's Plaza on Rt. 9. It will be in by September. Also, it will be a drive up. Where you sit in your car and the waitress comes out and takes your order and brings your food to you. I can not wait. I am thinking a EMTBravo party when it opens up. Who is with me???

Thomas

IT'S OFFICIAL - WHITE CASTLE IS NOT A RUMOR!!!

About 2 years ago, I went to White Castle's website and sent them a 'note' asking for them to evaluate the Poughkeepsie area for a WC... I never heard back - UNTIL YESTERDAY!!! I got a letter in the mail from White Castle's corporate offices thanking me for my correspondance and to let me know that they are indeed going to open a Castle in Poughkeepsie. The letter said that they couldn't give me specifics as they are still negotiating the exact location, but did state that construction will begin in late 2009/early 2010.

I will scan and post the letter as soon as I get the scanner hooked up.

About 2 years ago, I went to White Castle's website and sent them a 'note' asking for them to evaluate the Poughkeepsie area for a WC... I never heard back - UNTIL YESTERDAY!!! I got a letter in the mail from White Castle's corporate offices thanking me for my correspondance and to let me know that they are indeed going to open a Castle in Poughkeepsie. The letter said that they couldn't give me specifics as they are still negotiating the exact location, but did state that construction will begin in late 2009/early 2010.

SWEEEEEET!!!

Not familiar with Barker's, but I do remember Caldor and Jamesway.

God, I feel old! :blink:

Hey, every day's a sale day at Mays! I still have unused 10W30 oil in cans from Barkers.

Edited by Doc

We be cool if it took over the old Ruby Tuesday's by IBM, would be battle of the burgers, Red Robin, Five Guys, & White Castle