Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo.com Security Issues

10 posts in this topic

Some of you have reported security issues on EMTBravo.com

I have resolved a majority of the problem caused by a hacker, and am continuing to repair the extensive damage. However, EMTBravo.com is safe to visit , and I am working with what little time I have to make sure that it stays safe to visit. As with internet security, this is always evolving and I'm doing my best to stay on top of things....this recent exploit affected thousands of other websites across the web.

http://www.emtbravo.com

If you have any problems or notice any security issues at anytime on any EMTBravo site, please contact me ASAP at seth@emtbravo.com. Please include the link to the affected page, and, if possible, the type of security alert you are getting.

Thanks for you anticpated cooperation and understanding!

-Seth

FOR WHY ALL POSTS FROM YESTERRDAY ARE MISSING, PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING THREAD:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=32671

Is anyone else out there getting a Trojan Horse virus on www.emtbravo.com JS:Bulered [Trj]

keep getting it myself since about tuesday.

A few days ago, when .com was loading, something called "hardcore" would appear on my desktop. I trashed it without opening.....doesn't seem to have caused any issues. Hasn't done it today or yesterday.

See Seth's email & post regarding yesterday

I got the torjan warning today. Thought I went to the wrong URL.

JS:Bulered [Trj]

Trojan Horse

Avast 090709-0, 07/09/2009

The EMTBravo.com main page issue should be resolved as of today-I just cleaned up the code that was damaged and am still working (as always) to make sure that EMTBravo.com is safe for all to visit. If anything, it may be triggering false positives for users of Avast or Macs. Let me know if you experience any further issues ASAP by sending me an email with the details to seth@emtbravo.com

PLEASE don't let this issue deter you from visiting EMTBravo.com.....I work hard on the page and don't want some stupid exploit discouraging people from visiting. I try to stay as vigilant as possible to keep the site secure, however, issues pop up from time to time, as internet security is always evolving...as soon as a security issue is resolved, the malware people find a new trick.

Also, EVERY computer accesing the internet should be equipped with an up to date virus and firewall program. In most cases, these will prevent your computer from getting infected wherever your internet travels take you. Make sure to run scans on a regular basis.

AND, JUST TO REITERATE, THIS WAS AN ISSUE AFFECTING EMTBRAVO.COM (THE MAIN PAGE), NOT EMTBRAVO.NET, WHICH ARE THESE FORUMS...

Nope, but yesterday it was only showing old post, like from early june in the RECENT topics.

I made a post, sent out an email, posted an announcement, and placed a large message at the top of the forums regarding this.

Members,

I think it's safe to say that Seth has the issue under control. Please do not let the actions of other low life individuals who have nothing better to do, Make you second guess the security of the site, but as stated above, Any other issues please let the staff of the fourm know..

Thank you.

Given the amount of traffic on the sites and the number of members, it only stands to reason that we would eventually be the target of a hacker. Happily, the security features worked to minimize the intrusion and the site administrators were able to limit the "damage" to one day of posts/messages. All in all, that's a pretty good response.

Thank you to the tech side of the staff.

Nobody should have any future problems but as discussed, if you see something, say something. Oops, wrong security message. Seriously though, if you have any problems e-mail Seth or another administrator.

Thanks!

No personally identifiable membership information, passwords, or email addresses of members was ever at risk. All EMTBravo subscriber information is stored on a completely separate limited access database.

You really don't expect these things to happen on what is supposedly considered a "safe" website. This is yet another good example of why it is absolutely necessary to have an up to date anti-virus / security program on your OWN computer. While the impact to the site was essentially limited to one day of posts, if left undetected, the malicious code could have eventually worked it's way in to visitors unsecured computer systems. Once inside YOUR computer, documents, passwords, personal financial information, and much more, could be at risk and made available to these criminals.

There are several very effective free anti-virus security software programs out there. You don't necessarily have to buy anything, but paid software generally has many extra features available.

If you don't have a personal anti-virus program on your computer, get one.

If you do, please make sure it is running properly and up to date.