Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFD941

Code 3 Music

22 posts in this topic

I know a lot of us like to crank up the radio when responding. What's your favorite song/songs to listen to while driving Code 3?

you shouldnt be jamming out to tunes going on runs you should be listening to your fire,ems or police radio and pay attention to the idiots driving around you so they don't hit you and you don't hit them

Agreed! Listen to the two way radio, for other responding vehicles, and your Officer's orders.........leave the jammin' out for the ride home in your car.

I crank up either Response 2, Command 3 or the Fire Ground that is being used. I am more worried about where the placement of the vechile I am in needs to be and what they need from it or the guys and gals in my vechile. Listening to music and you might miss an important message like get here fast we need you now or dont come into the scene stage and everyone backout we have a major problem here. I vote that you worry about the scene and getting thier in one piece then worring about todays hits.

Thomas

I miss much of what is played before getting to the scene, if anything, but coming back from a run, Led Zeppelin cranked just loud enough to hear radio chatter is pretty nice.

Gotta have music players in the rigs for that, which we don't, except for the ambulance an brush truck - but they aren't used while responding or at calls.

Edited by FiftyOnePride

Awesome Topic. Since most new apparatus come with some sort of "weather radio" aka fm\am cd-mp3 player. I have found these songs are often great to listen to in the ambulance.

Another One Bites The Dust-Queen

Highway To Hell and Hells Bells-AC\DC

Coccaine-Eric Clapton

War Pigs-Black Sabbath

All Lit Up Again-Buck Cherry

James Brown is always good.....

I Can't Drive 55-Van Halen

Although a small list I hope this helps you out!

I know a lot of us like to crank up the radio when responding. What's your favorite song/songs to listen to while driving Code 3?

Hope you are kidding,.... and your a Captain ?

Hot button issue. It's about the patient and responsibility getting there and getting back. Music should be prohibited in emergency response vehicles. Might I suggest a career with the postal service?

Hot button issue. It's about the patient and responsibility getting there and getting back. Music should be prohibited in emergency response vehicles. Might I suggest a career with the postal service?

On a lighter note:

Ravel's Bolero for seizure calls

Beethoven's 9th for chest pain

Holst's The planets abdominal pain

Respighi's Pines of Rome for EDP's and

without question

Rolling Stones... I'm so hot for you and you're so cold .. for CPR in progress.

i agree with a few the only radio that should be on on the way to a call is a fire/ems radio now for the ride back we have a cd we play that has like 10 songs on it or just the FM and the only way it comes on is the driver has a main switch for it on his side of the truck but the radio is on the officers side to control it and it dosent get played very load so he can still here the fire radio nor does it get played all that often.

Guys - it might not have been a good idea for a post - but I can vouch that the OP is a great guy - and a professional at what he does. Bash the topic - but not the poster....

Not to fan the flames here, but.

You Ready for This?? 2Unlimited

Plowed-Sponge

Got Me Under Pressure-ZZ Top

Lust for Life-Iggy Pop

Welcome to Paradise-Green Day

Cowboys from Hell-Pantera

Mean Machine-Sugar Ray(Definitely does NOT sound like them)

Miami Vice theme-Jan Hammer

In the Air Tonight-Phil Collins, or Nonpoint(Miami Vice Movie Soundtrack)

It's time to Party-Andrew WK(good one to get yourself pumped up at the start of a tour)

Radar Gun-The Bottle Rockets(for all you cops out there)

I can usually hear songs in my head, so I kinda have an internal soundtrack going through the course of my day. But, I do agree with the posts here that you shouldn't have the CD's/Radio playing when you're on a run. You may not be able to hear me yelling at you about something!!!!

Edited by JBE

Hate to pile it on here, but I have seen a lot of guys get white knuckles and "sirencide" just from playing with the lights and sirens...playing Pantera is definitely not going to help you make a complete stop at all intersections and proceed in a safe manner.

At three AM, when you're on your sixth run of the night, you and your partner are the only humans out on the boulevard, and you're going on the intox down.....loud, disruptive and socially unacceptable music is not only appropriate, but better than caffeine or meth to keep on keeping on. I tend not to have a stick up my tush about those kind of things at that hour of the morning.

Quite frankly, I cannot believe this is even being discussed seriously. I am quite certain that I would lose my job if I had a radio cranking tunes while responding to even the most nuisance of alarms. If it was even on, at the very least I would be given a written reprimand. This is silly to even discuss. On the way back from a run or doing official errands and business with the engine and having the Yankee game on to hear the progress is one thing but the topic of this thread is utterly ludicrous.

At three AM, when you're on your sixth run of the night, you and your partner are the only humans out on the boulevard, and you're going on the intox down.....loud, disruptive and socially unacceptable music is not only appropriate, but better than caffeine or meth to keep on keeping on. I tend not to have a stick up my tush about those kind of things at that hour of the morning.

Thank You very much. This is exactly what I was talking about.

If you know me at all, you know that I work nights where there's hardly anyone out and am doing the usual Intox jobs or and such that I don't need to listen to a Cmd 3, Response 2 or a Fire Ground, especially since usually I only need to listen to one frequency. Secondly, I'd like to Thank those of you like like Dan for not bashing me but my opinion. Third of all if I need to listen to a radio I can turn down the FM... it's got a volume control just like the onboard radio do.

Sorry to cause such a "Safety Concern" with those of you on this site. I have worked with some veteran medics who have been around through the years and they have tought me the radio trick. Maybe some of you should try it.

Finally you did read it right, my profile does say Captain and my views reflect me and me only, not those affliated with my department.

Will someone from the Admin Staff please lock this thread as it is obviously going nowhere. I'm sorry we can't have a civil conversation anymore without being totally shot down.

Hope everyone has a safe evening.

Will someone from the Admin Staff please lock this thread as it is obviously going nowhere. I'm sorry we can't have a civil conversation anymore without being totally shot down.

Topic closed at Op's request.

It was a civil conversation and this sounds like you just don't like the fact that people disagree with you about playing music during a response. Personally, it is just one more distraction to our already divided attention and if we need music blaring to keep us awake at 3 AM, we have bigger problems than what music to listen to.