Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Mindless Civilians

12 posts in this topic

(From Batt. 2)

Believe it or not 3 civilians went through this space as L5 was stuck in heavy traffic. Fortunately the tiller man told the chauffeur not to move forward.

post-1020-1249405218.jpg

post-1020-1249405281.jpg

post-1020-1249405310.jpg

post-1020-1249405332.jpg

As the saying goes, "you can't fix stupid." People will always find a way. It would take how long to walk around? 30 seconds?

Wow- that level of stupidity makes my brain hurt. The driver should've hit just 1 of them to teach the other 2 a lesson...

So how many of them were yacking on their cells at the time? Bet at least 1.

Hindsight of course but imagine if the Chauffer saw it going on, put the rig in neutral and revved the motor up nice and high and smoked them out.....heh heh

A potentially deadly situation mitigated with an observant chauffeur. Crazy stuff.

As another saying goes stupid should be painful.....case and point if the driver started to move in this story....

Well, this brings to mind a call I was on 2 years ago at Main Street and Innis Avenue in Poughkeepsie. On the way back from a run at about dusk, I was the driver of our Tower Ladder and a lady was waving at me franticly as we were stopped at a light. A Civilian was under the dual wheels of the rig getting his cell phone that he had knocked off his side when getting out of his car. So I looked back as he was crawling out from under the rig and I asked him if he had thought that going under the rig was a good idea without even coming up to my door without telling me. All he had to say was "my cell phone was under the truck" I then told him he was very lucky that the lady in the van stopped us from moving as I had no idea that he was under there, and that if we had ran him over he would have been killed as our Tower is 66,000 lbs.... What an idiot!

Darwin would call this "survival of the fittest"........If the dumb ones do not survive to reproduce, the species will thrive.

It has also been called thinning the herd.

It is sometimes harsh to think in those terms, but it has been going on forever.

with how dumb people are today and don't take responsibility for there own actions, "the next of Kin" would more then likely try and sue the department and blame the chauffeur.

ugggg

Well if the Chauff moved forward, he would have had some nice new "mudflaps"!!!

Unreal.......just unreal but then again not suprising.