Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Old Ossining Engine (former Engine 96)

8 posts in this topic

I am sure many of you have seen this rig where it sits now, for those who havnt it is sitting idle in the parking lot of the Lake George Escape campground, Lake George, NY.

Poor thing is rotting away.

post-2837-1251590269.jpg

post-2837-1251590273.jpg

post-2837-1251590277.jpg

I am sure many of you have seen this rig where it sits now, for those who havnt it is sitting idle in the parking lot of the Lake George Escape campground, Lake George, NY.

Poor thing is rotting away.

I remember one of the guys from that company telling me it was there and they visted it when we were up there for the HVVFA convention.

Nice rig ossining should buy It back as a dept antique

Nice rig ossining should buy It back as a dept antique

I can put it in my yard, I got ride of the wife, so there's more room.

I'd love to have it as a collectors piece if only I had the room-great find and thanks for the photos Dan!

Ossining guys....what's the story behind this engine? When was it retired?

Even if it's not saved as an antique, if it's not being actively used, I am sure there is some poor rural department somewhere in the US that would LOVE to have an engine like this...

I'd love to have it as a collectors piece if only I had the room-great find and thanks for the photos Dan!

Even if it's not saved as an antique, if it's not being actively used, I am sure there is some poor rural department somewhere in the US that would LOVE to have an engine like this...

Tarrytown had an old 1980 Hahn similar to this one that was donated to a dept in Tennessee.

That engine was retired in 1999 when they bought the seagrave that they have now.

It sat around town for a few years before it was sold....mostly in the now old DPW garage....Truck is manual and sounded Sick...I belive its a 1976 twin booster reels and 500 gal. tank

Edited by ONLOCATION