Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC2OBW

Did I hear what I thought I just heard?

35 posts in this topic

Real shame about the bear... unfortunately their habitats are being taken over by us (humans) and they have to roam somewhere; glad the driver was alright but feel sorry for the unknowing bear.

I completly agree with the above comment, I'm with you....slowly, with subdivision and devlopment, the animals who lived in these places are being pushed farther and father away, and people who move to these areas consider them a "nusiance".

LOL why not that thing looks like it would weight a easy 300 LBS

That thing is every bit of 300lbs. I hope it dosent go to waste , bear meat is great

It is not untypical to see a bear in Dutchess.....I have seen quite a few....I enjoy seeing them...just not face to face in the dark woods. LOL

................and............there is a rumor.................about a meeting.............about a Dutchess County Bear Season.......we will see.

I know if a bear runs out on front of my truck - it is getting hit...my $500 deductible is much cheaper than a bear hunt in Canada or Maine <_<

Just to add to this, one of the guys I work with lives in Pawling, has a picture he took of a bear in his yard.

Just to add to this, one of the guys I work with lives in Pawling, has a picture he took of a bear in his yard.

And 16 bears have been trapped/relocated this year alone from one property in the Beekman/Union Vale area.....black bears are very prevalant here in Dutchess.

We had the car bear accident right in front of the former Whitey's garage last fall, bear was also a female weighed in over 300 lbs and to was killed.

The thing that bothered me the most about it was all the yahoos taking pictures with it. One of the responding police agenices members was having his picture taken and I said I am sure your Sgt. will love to see these when they get posted on facebook or some other site, he dropped the bear pretty quickly and put his hat on straight. :blink: