Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irishfire2491

South Carolina Jobs?

13 posts in this topic

I know we have some South Carolina People here, I was wondering if anyone knew of any departments hiring either Police Fire or EMS in South Carolina, I would love to move there but it is depending on if I get on the job there and where abouts I would be moving to. If any one Could help out that would be great, Also if these jobs are civil serivice position or just hired position.

Thank You

Irishfire2491

From what I hera from friends on the fire side,, Myrtle Beach will be hiring again soon. Some of the area police department will be hiring again. check out the websites.

www.horrycounty.org

www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com

www.northmyrtlebeach.com

www.cityofconway.com

Hope this helps.

Steve

I would love to move there ...

Another one on the exodus from NY? A friend of mine just sold his house and is moving to Tennessee. Lucky s.o.b.

I just e-mailed Texas for reciprocity info. It's between there and maybe NC or VA.

Last one out, turn out the lights.

Another one on the exodus from NY? A friend of mine just sold his house and is moving to Tennessee. Lucky s.o.b.

I just e-mailed Texas for reciprocity info. It's between there and maybe NC or VA.

Last one out, turn out the lights.

In NC, Raleigh, Durham and Fayetteville are all accepting applications for PD, not sure about FD or EMS.

Edited by 210

Go to Horry County - work with the legendary Charlie Nash K!

None of the States you speak of offer civil service protection.

South Carolina is a right to fire, I mean a right to work state. There are no unions here and if they do they aren't supported by employer. No collective bargining. If looking for ems/fire jobs go to SCONFIRE.com scroll down to employment section. The highest paying county is Richland County which is the county I work. And no way am I an advacit for the county it is like any other place has it's BS. The only thing I don't like is the micro-management. Other than that the pay is good every other weekend off You work 36hr wk then 48hr week.. 12.25 hr days. So good luck looking for work here. Taxes are great LOW

The City of Rock Hill South Carolina is building a new station and adding one engine company, I think they are starting interviews in November. www.cityofrockhill.com We are just south of Charlotte NC. Piedmont EMS is also always hiring (looking for paramedics now) They are adding another truck during the day. Pay for fire is lower here as are most of the jobs down here but the cost of living is low also. EMS jobs I think pay better here from what I have heard from my friends up in Dutchess County. I moved down here 15 years ago & love it. RHFD runs 5 Engines and to Ladders. If I can help you any please let me know.

Horry County is always Hiring paramedics. We also just a a 1.9 million dollar grant to hire a bunch more untop of what they are already hiring. Most places from what i hear are on a hiring freeze. We shall see. If you want more info You know how to get up with me Tommy

irishfire2491 I thought I just finshed training you "2nd best trainiee ever" and now you want to leave to go to South Carolina

irishfire2491 I thought I just finshed training you "2nd best trainiee ever" and now you want to leave to go to South Carolina

Tommy doesnt know what he wants.

What do you mean "2nd best" I am the "BEST" lol It is not going to be soon if it is going to be at all i am looking in the future and trying to do reasearch to see if it is even worth the move. Dont worry John I am not going anywhere soon!!!

Well irishfire I think we know I was the best trainee, SCO D said so. But you can settle for second best.