Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Chelsea O/T auto vs T/T with fuel leak 9/19/09

14 posts in this topic

post-3712-1253406091.jpg

What is that other truck in the last pic? Looks like the Ice Cream Man, and the beer delivery guy collided...

What is that other truck in the last pic? Looks like the Ice Cream Man, and the beer delivery guy collided...

I'm gonna take a stab in tha dark and say that "ice cream man" looking truck, is the spill response vehicle owned by the towing company mentioned in the IA. I have seen Tow trucks with similar paint scheme before.

Edited by EFFP411

I'm gonna take a stab in tha dark and say that "ice cream man" looking truck, is the spill response vehicle owned by the towing company mentioned in the IA. I have seen Tow trucks with similar paint scheme before.

Your stab would be correct Rob.

This is the mess that caused me to have an hour trip home from work for the second time this week. :angry: Traffic control, or lack thereof, took a long time to get in place.

Nice pix Jim.....I love watching people to that on 84..i always wait for the one time..like this

Nice pics. Jim, great job to all on scene. Here is a joke. PRIME stands for Please Remember I Mortgaged Everything. Little driver humor.

Your stab would be correct Rob.

This is the mess that caused me to have an hour trip home from work for the second time this week. :angry: Traffic control, or lack thereof, took a long time to get in place.

The "Ice Cream Truck" is from Quality towing out of Vails Gate

As far as traffic, PD got it started so the FD had noting to do with it. You know it's already a busy intersection so you can't have continious flowing traffic backing up Rt 9d. You have to look at it this way, you could have been sitting in traffic NOT MOVING AT ALL. This happened to work out well for traffic.

The "Ice Cream Truck" is from Quality towing out of Vails Gate

As far as traffic, PD got it started so the FD had noting to do with it. You know it's already a busy intersection so you can't have continious flowing traffic backing up Rt 9d. You have to look at it this way, you could have been sitting in traffic NOT MOVING AT ALL. This happened to work out well for traffic.

Yeah, I sat in the not moving at all portion for a while. I think they had limited PD resources in the beginning. Eventually, I think it was an MTA unit that ended up blocking off 9D and directing traffic flow. There was actually another fender bender that happened right in front of me while in traffic but no injuries and no damage... both parties got back in their cars.

We had the patient off the scene in record time. A couple of off duty Hudson Valley EMTs had the patient assessed and were protecting his C spine when we got there. (Thanks Joe and Jimmy). I think our total scene time was less than 10 minutes.

A couple of off duty Hudson Valley EMTs had the patient assessed and were protecting his C spine when we got there.

HPV..oh I'm sorry HVP (hahaha) always seems to have either off duty people or rigs buffing alot of calls around here. Either they are a bunch of scanner buffs or it's just coincidence. I think it's a little of both.

HPV..oh I'm sorry HVP (hahaha) always seems to have either off duty people or rigs buffing alot of calls around here. Either they are a bunch of scanner buffs or it's just coincidence. I think it's a little of both.

Someone always has to make a comment. It cant be a "good job guys" that the EMTs did their duty and stopped at an MVA before emergency personel arrived. Has to be inter-agency trash talk. Oh well. Good job guys. Nice pictures!

The Hudson Valley guys were on their way home after an overnight shift and got stuck in traffic at the MVA. I guess they could have stayed in their cars, turned up the music, and sipped their coffee.

Once again...and ego taking precedent over patient care.........good on them HVP guys

I always thought it was your duty as a member of the EMS/Fire serivce to stop at the scene of an emergency if no other personel were there, or is this only HVP that does this? Also, the two emt's that stopped are excellent tech's. Good Job guys.

Stay Safe Everyone!