980 Gallon Booster tank

20 Gallon Foam

post-276-1255804600.jpg

post-276-1255805103.jpg

post-276-1255805117.jpg

post-276-1255805193.jpg

post-276-1255805263.jpg

Edited by VAEMC

Hmmm, seeing as how there is a Westchester Co. plate reading Engine-121, id say this is the rig they are getting.

I didnt realize the Trose was getting a demo. It looks like a nice rig. Im still trying to figure out if i like the hose bed configuration. It seems low, but not very "user-friendly." I see a access ladder on the left, but thats about it. Maybe i am wrong? Other than that it seems perfect as a replacement for the Condo.

Best of luck guys!

Nice looking rig, best of luck with the unit and thanks for sharing

I heard they are making some changes to the new engine before it arrives

Hmmm, seeing as how there is a Westchester Co. plate reading Engine-121, id say this is the rig they are getting.

I didnt realize the Trose was getting a demo. It looks like a nice rig. Im still trying to figure out if i like the hose bed configuration. It seems low, but not very "user-friendly." I see a access ladder on the left, but thats about it. Maybe i am wrong? Other than that it seems perfect as a replacement for the Condo.

Best of luck guys!

Yes, it is a near perfect replacement for E-121. It has some additional features that will be beneficial for us as well. The hose bed is about the same height as E-122 and is just as friendly if not friendlier than any other hose bed. The platform in the middle with the arrow stick can be stood on.

Where are you going to put the bunk beds in this one though? :D

This new addition will even better complament Montrose FD's already impressive equipment. With E122 being what I like to call "tank" because of it's short wheelbase and maneuverability, this engine also looks like it has a short wheelbase as well which will serve their tight driveway district well.

Good job in this newest purchase, my only question is why did you decide to go for the 3rd engine rather then a Mini-attack or utility? either way great addition and cant wait to check it out at MFD. As always good job MFD!!

Rob, thanks for clearing things up bro. I must have overlooked that "step" in the pics. I see now that it shouldnt be a problem for re-packing.

Its definately a nice looking rig and its nice to see a KME in the Tri-Village. Did ALF not meet your expectations/price or were they not even in the running? I like how this rig is a shorter wheel base as is E122. The Montrose Fire District has some tight roads and driveways that can be tricky. Although your friends to the north have a nice short-wheelbase rescue/pumper thats always available to you guys ;) .

Art, you beat me to it bro. I was gonna suggest donating E121 as a low-income housing unit :P .

Best of luck MFD on the new piece, it will most certainly compliment your fleet well. Cant wait to see it up close.

I like the "pool ladder" up to the hosebed..I always love to see that spec'd, makes climbing up there so much easier and safer...

This new addition will even better complament Montrose FD's already impressive equipment. With E122 being what I like to call "tank" because of it's short wheelbase and maneuverability, this engine also looks like it has a short wheelbase as well which will serve their tight driveway district well.

Good job in this newest purchase, my only question is why did you decide to go for the 3rd engine rather then a Mini-attack or utility? either way great addition and cant wait to check it out at MFD. As always good job MFD!!

Thanks Fergi... Yes, this is a shorter apparatus. We wanted to ensure that we maintain a shorter wheel base; however we want to have an engine that would still provide us with enough space for our equipment. The new engine is approx. 5-6 feet shorter than current 121 and is 3 feet longer then E-122. In addition; it will equip us with some other options that E-122 does not have such as front end intake, on board foam, and additional 480 gallons of water and a dedicated area for our spare extrication tools. With our coverage of Rt. 9, we felt that these additional options would be extremely beneficial for our response to accidents and vehicle fires.

Just a side question Is montrose keeping E-123

Thanks to a friend of mine in Stony Point we were able to get some additional spy shots of E-121, which just arrived at Ruscon

post-276-1256249369.jpg

post-276-1256249377.jpg

post-276-1256249392.jpg

post-276-1256254318.jpg

Edited by VAEMC

Wow Rob, the rig looks great! Is that a hydrant box on the back step? Maybe you guys could re-letter it a bit to read "Tri-Village Fire" and we could share it, no ;) ?

Best of luck to your guys with this one, cant wait to see it.

Wow Rob, the rig looks great! Is that a hydrant box on the back step? Maybe you guys could re-letter it a bit to read "Tri-Village Fire" and we could share it, no ;) ?

Best of luck to your guys with this one, cant wait to see it.

sharing is caring!!!

sharing is caring!!!

Thanks Capt. The box on the rear is for our high rise pack.

121 is a nice lookin rig best of luck with her.. Does Montrose like the ALF?

Thanks, Yes we love our ALF's! They have been great for us. E122 is a perfect first due engine.

Thanks Capt. The box on the rear is for our high rise pack.

Ahh, very good, thanks Rob. I like that idea, nice way to use the space you have!

Nice looking rig! Best of luck with it. Not a huge fan of the traffic advisor being so low. It makes it hard for cars down the road to see the rig if there is a truck behind it. Especially since the traffic advisor the primary lighting for the rear. It also will be eye level with other drivers this can be dangerous. Overall, trucks looks awesome!!!

TRAFFIC ADVISORS- the only people who look at them are the firefighters lol !!!laugh.gif

Edited by hudson144

TRAFFIC ADVISORS- the only people who look at them are the firefighters lol !!!laugh.gif

That's because everyone is desensitized to them since everyone leaves them on all the time, and they should only be used when they are needed. Same thing with having flashing lights on all the time, whether red, amber, blue, etc. All warning lights should be used for emergency response and as needed on scene, used in concert of course with proper lane / traffic control and scene lighting.

more photos!!!

Picture108.jpg

Picture109.jpg

Picture115.jpg

Picture112.jpg<---am/fm civil defense radio

Picture113.jpg<---speedy dry chute

enjoy!!

ken

Edited by MoFire390