Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LCFD968

Serious PIAA I84 E/B 11-12-09 Lake Carmel (Putnam Cty)

15 posts in this topic

Single Car PIAA.. Vehicle (Mercury Cougar)with Driver alone went off the road and hit a rock embankment, flipped end over end (per witnesses) and landed as pictured. Patient unconscious upon arrival. When you look at the vehicle keep in mind NO extrication equipment was used to remove patient.

post-937-125809855619.jpg

post-937-125809857201.jpg

post-937-125809858486.jpgYes.. We were all scratching our heads wondering How in the world did he survive..

All photos from my phone

Edited by LCFD968

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like all that rust provided the crumple zones the driver needed to survive. I am sure the driver would have been in worse shape if the car was solid.

Holy Crap on toast, Shawn. Nice shots and it is truly amazing that this guy just might walk away.

It was a mess.. He was talking to me prior to him being removed from the vehicle so as far as the crumple working for him aaa YEAH!!!

What amazed me more then anything was the A post seperation at the roof. It was a clean cut... Medic said we did a nice job cutting. I had to laugh Nope that was God's extrication job....LOL..

Jesus Christ... that was a car at one point? That's definitely a 1 in 1,000,000 scenario for survival...

The one part of the car that held the most integrety was around the driver very lucky indeed.

I know I will get yelled at for this...but...

HOLY s***!