Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Tower Lights

36 posts in this topic

I know of a few, but I would like to know more. Which Departments/Apparatus have tower lights / mast lights. I am focusing on my neck of the woods, but anyone that has them is more then welcome to mention it here.

Croton's Rescue 18 does.

Croton Falls Rescue 28 has them.

Briarcliff Manor R37 has one.

If I had my way, and I don't, the new TL40 and the new E94 would both have them. From now on I would not spec a rig without one.

Briarcliff Manor R37 has one. 

If I had my way, and I don't, the new TL40 and the new E94 would both have them. From now on I would not spec a rig without one.

Hey Doug,why don't you like them? Is there a problem? We just ordered a light tower with our new engine.

You misunderstood - I WANT them on EVERY rig! You can never have too much light at the scene.

Holy Crap! Sorry about that. To early in the morning,not seeing straight.

I know the feeling -

Actually I wanted TL40 and E94 to be spec'd with them but they weren't...I had nothing to say on the TL40 committee and I couldn't get the E94 committee to bite.

Katonah Rescue 17 Bedford Hills rescue 10 as well

Fairview Rescue 3 and Engine 175 have them.

I love them..."Portable Daylight". I feel it tremendously improves operations and enhances safety both for us and (traffic, when applicable). It's a nice thing to be able to see what you are doing. Many apparatus have lighting capabilty, but these devices do it right and give great coverage and flexibility.

I can't wait. We recently ordered a Smeal/Spartan 1500 gal first due engine with a "light tower". We had a couple of calls this past year that Mahopac Falls came and we used them and they worked like a charm. Those few calls basiclly sold us on them. After the engine comes in we are ordering a rescue and the light tower will be on there.

I can't wait. We recently ordered a Smeal/Spartan 1500 gal first due engine with a "light tower". We had a couple of calls this past year that Mahopac Falls came and we used them and they worked like a charm. Those few calls basiclly sold us on them. After the engine comes in we are ordering a rescue and the light tower wi

West Harrison has one on eng 265 we hane a new Eng ordered

and has one.

Hey Pete

What kind of Engine did you guys order and which truck is it going to replace if anything.....

I Miss it down there.....miss those hydrants too....

Tarrytown's Engine 79 has it too..

we're often called upon just for that function, even when a FD presence is otherwise not needed (like at a hit and run MVA a while back - MV versus pedestrian - they used the light for the detectives to investigate the accident scene)

I may be mistaken but I believe rescue 51 montrose has it

Pleasantville will have one on the new Rescue/Pumper

how much does it cost to for a new light tower i would like to put one on are rescue/pumper. Also where can i go to have on put on the engine.

There is also the light trailers that are a nice option. Yonkers Civil Defense, ESS unit runs one. 4000watt's and will run 60hours on a full tank. You can also hook up reels and stuff to it.

They just came out with a line for Emergency services

http://www.allmand.com/PRODUCT10-1_fr.htm

PCFD RESCUE 40 HAS TWIN WILBERT 6000 WATT LIGHT TOWERS. THEY ARE 28 FEET ABOVE GROUND WHEN RAISED.

rescue 40 in port chester operates twin 6000 watt nightscan light towers

Port Chester Eng 61 has a tower light on it also Nightscan

Montrose R51 has one and so does Peekskill E133

POST DELETED

Edited by TRUCK6018

I'm alot further north than you guy so I know what my fd does doesn't apply but here's my two cents. My dept on all apparatus has your standard 1000w push up style lights on all the trucks but what we have incorporated in the last few years is a portable Wacker Light tower trailer (6kW, 60 hr run, lights up to 7 acres). The unit has its pros and cons we can get it places were the rescue with command light can't get, lets say to the backside of a structure but the primary con being is that you have to go get it and then have 5+ guys push it over all the hose lines to get it into place. So it is very useful to us most of the time and it is frequently used by mutual aid request. The truly largest problem with the unit is the Fire Commissioners. They want us to bring it to all mutual aid requests however it must be manned by our guys at all times, so when the neighbors call us to light up a fatal MVA no one is rushing to sit for 6 hours. Proper lighting is essential to every scene. So any ways I believe that command light style lights should be on all rigs also.

The Montrose VAFD has a tower light on MA-28 ( soon to be rescue 48). Also is equipped with other scene lights.

In Port Chester Rescue 40 has 2 nightscan !2000 (6K per tower) watts light towers

and Eng 61 also has one