Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Maxim making a comeback?

8 posts in this topic

Don't know if this is "old news" or not or if it has been discussed here yet?

I read on another site that Maxim was going to make a comeback. They're plans are to produce a pumper that will cost between $350-450K.

I will try and find the article and add a link.

If this is going to happen, I hope that they don't skimp on the quility to offer competitive prices.

Anyone else hear about this?

I don't recall if it was discussed here or not, but the prototype pumper was making the rounds a little over a year ago. It's a re-badged Spartan Furion chassis. I don't recall right offhand who built the body, but the whole thing was being produced and marketed by the dealer in Mass. who has the rights to the Maxim name.

If you ask me, it's right up there with what HME did with the Ahrens-Fox name. Also read elsewhere last night that Ward LaFrance may be making a "comeback" as well. More of the same, perhaps?

Don't know if this is "old news" or not or if it has been discussed here yet?

I read on another site that Maxim was going to make a comeback. They're plans are to produce a pumper that will cost between $350-450K.

I will try and find the article and add a link.

If this is going to happen, I hope that they don't skimp on the quility to offer competitive prices.

Anyone else hear about this?

Greenwood (North) had a new Maxim rescue pumper on the Spartan Furion chassis at their open house last summer. In all it looked fairly decent, not high end quality, but functional. I'm not sure shooting to build "a pumper" for between 350-450k is much of a goal. That's a pretty big ballpark for a custom chassis pumper from a relative unknown. It's not your Daddy's maxim of years passed.

It was discussed here awhile back when the demo was built. Greenwood (who is an E-One dealer in MA) purcahsed the rights to the Maxim name only. After this they started building a mini attack pumper called the Maxim. Now they are trying to create a line of full size pumper using the Maxim name. They are building only stainless steel pumpers as if they went with aluminum, they break thier sales deal with E-One.

As of right now, there does not seem to be any plans with a link to the apparatus of old at all. Just bought the name like it was previously said like HME did with Ahrens-Fox.

Its not the same product!!!! :angry:

PS, KME actually ownes the rights to the old F cab design now if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks guys for the reply. At first, i was quite excited to read this article and to think Maxim was coming back on the market. But, after reading into it and reading the replies to my post, it sounds better than it is. I originally read the article on my Crackberry, so i didnt see the picture of the new "Maxim" pumper. Now that i'm on my computer, i can see that it is nothing more than a Spartan Furion, as AndyC3J pointed out...yuck lol!

Its a damn shame though. Maxim made a strong, long-lasting quility rig. This is evident when you visit many New England firehouses, which still run Maxims, some even first due!

Heres the link to the article if anyone is interested:

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1218747

Greenwood does quality work, and has really built their company. I actually have a good feeling that they will resurect the Maxim brand, and who knows, maybe one day on their own chasis.