Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest alsfirefighter

Sex Sting Nets Former Chief U.N. Weapons Inspector

12 posts in this topic

Was reading the NY Times on Saturday when I came across their article on the matter and found it online here. I have to say that its pretty disappointing and sickening to hear this for the second time. Mr. Ritter represented our nation and the U.N. at one point, was a Marine veteran, a volunteer firefighter and put himself out there pretty far in his criticism of the Bush administration and I even have to say his book has some pretty interesting points. While the first time around this type of allegation was made he pawned it as a right wing conspiracy out to get him for speaking out. Two times is awfully conspicuous and for what detailed accounts given...doesn't sound right. I for one either way will never again take part in any lecture Mr. Ritter ever gives, whether or not this charge sticks as I find it way to coincidental.

Pocono Record

A former chief United Nations weapons inspector is accused of contacting what he thought was a 15-year-old girl in an Internet chat room, engaging in a sexual conversation and showing himself masturbating on a Web camera.

Scott Ritter of Delmar, N.Y., who served as chief U.N. weapons inspector in Iraq from 1991-98 and who was an outspoken critic of the second Bush administration in the run-up to the war in Iraq, is accused of contacting what turned out to be a Barrett Township police officer posing undercover as a teen girl.

Probably a set up! BARF!!!!!! TO those who paraded him around FDMV A few years ago, read it n weap, webcams don't lie! Especially with oodle in hand. Interesting- AlS- I am sure that many of you from the USMC have a few words to say.

Disgusting yeah, and a disgrace to the USMC. But I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a little here, guys.

The 'girl' was pretending to be 15. Not 12 or 13 or even 14, 15. He could have done what he did, and a hell of a lot more, and it wouldn't have been a crime at all with a consenting 15 year old in many countries. And I'm talking about civilized Western countries with lower ages of consent, such as Canada, Germany, Spain, or France, not 3rd world failed states.

So, yeah he's disgusting, sleazy, creepy, call it what you like - it would be pretty damn sleazy even if it wasn't illegal. Yeah, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with him either, Tom. And yes as a father I reserve the right to be as hypocritical as I like when my own daughter turns 15! And yes it's a crime in NY. But just perhaps it's not as serious a crime as some are making out, if it wouldn't be a crime at all in other civilized countries? I can't take this too seriously... I'm damn sure a hell of a lot of those sex chat rooms are full of fantasists, someone claiming to be a teenage girl is probably a fat 60 year old guy who gets kicks from that. Or they could be a cop! rolleyes.gif Mr. Ritter needs to learn to think with his head, not his - he can't be too smart to get caught in a sting like that.

Disgusting yeah, and a disgrace to the USMC. But I'm going to play Devil's Advocate for a little here, guys.

The 'girl' was pretending to be 15. Not 12 or 13 or even 14, 15. He could have done what he did, and a hell of a lot more, and it wouldn't have been a crime at all with a consenting 15 year old in many countries. And I'm talking about civilized Western countries with lower ages of consent, such as Canada, Germany, Spain, or France, not 3rd world failed states.

And yes as a father I reserve the right to be as hypocritical as I like when my own daughter turns 15! And yes it's a crime in NY. But just perhaps it's not as serious a crime as some are making out, if it wouldn't be a crime at all in other civilized countries?

Sir, to rebut your statement...

That logic is like telling a cop "Well, I only killed 10 people, not 15 or 20..." or, "Well, I know I was doing 20mph over the speed limit, but not 30 or 40 over..."

Rules are rules, and laws are laws. As much as some people don't like them, its not like they are new, or thought up by 1 or 2 people, they are consensus rules/laws, enacted long ago (obviously some modified as time goes on and needs change), but they are a law/rule for a reason.

Sick perverts like that need to meet "Muffin", or "Bubba" behind some vertical bars composed of ferrous material.

Just my humble $0.02

So, yeah he's disgusting, sleazy, creepy, call it what you like - it would be pretty damn sleazy even if it wasn't illegal. Yeah, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with him either, Tom. And yes as a father I reserve the right to be as hypocritical as I like when my own daughter turns 15! And yes it's a crime in NY. But just perhaps it's not as serious a crime as some are making out, if it wouldn't be a crime at all in other civilized countries? I can't take this too seriously... I'm damn sure a hell of a lot of those sex chat rooms are full of fantasists, someone claiming to be a teenage girl is probably a fat 60 year old guy who gets kicks from that. Or they could be a cop! rolleyes.gif Mr. Ritter needs to learn to think with his head, not his - he can't be too smart to get caught in a sting like that.

A 48 year old man masturbating over a webcam to someone whom he believed was a 15 year old girl is not as serious a crime as some are making it out to be? Please, please, tell all of us on this website that you are joking, or that you have re-thought the seriousness of this offense and have changed your mind. A 48 year old who engages a 15 year old in any kind of sexual chat or activity is a sexual predator, plain and simple.

Then he should move to one of those countries and leave our kids alone! I'm astonished that anyone would play devil's advocate when it comes to a crime against a child. This is now the third time he's been arrested for the same thing, hopefully this time the video helps make the charges stick and he does some prison time for it.

It is predatory behvaior and is even more disgusting when you consider that his daughters are the same age as this "victim".

Isn't this the same Scott Ritter who befriended some in Mount Vernon FD's upper ranks, and was given permission to ride out with MVFD-even manned an exposure line at a multiple alarm fire? From what I heard, he even taught some classes for MVFD, and some at Montour Falls. I sure hope he wasn't allowed to do fire prevention!!!

This guy was subject of a long thread here awhile back...

Please just tell everyone that you were kidding and trying to be funny and lets move on. You were kidding right?

A 48 year old man masturbating over a webcam to someone whom he believed was a 15 year old girl is not as serious a crime as some are making it out to be? Please, please, tell all of us on this website that you are joking, or that you have re-thought the seriousness of this offense and have changed your mind. A 48 year old who engages a 15 year old in any kind of sexual chat or activity is a sexual predator, plain and simple.

I guess you must have missed the 'Devil's Advocate' bit, or didn't understand what that means!

(Because that's what his lawyer will say in court you know... he'll claim he didn't believe she was really 15, it was just a fantasy etc. etc. etc. And he'll make the point that actual sex with 15 year olds is perfectly legal in lots of places, like Canada, so it's no big deal anyway... you get the picture)

I'm good friends with Aba...so I can attest that he was just trying to make an intelligent post on how some things are viewed in other societies and I can attest he is in no way condoning any such behavior.

With that said..I will add on that I was a 15 year old once myself and thought I knew the world and was ready to handle the consequences of my actions at that age. Thank god nothing of the sort happened as at 15 I was a puppy and wasn't house broken. For that matter any society whom would allow a grown man to legally engage in intercourse with a minor at the age of 15 to me is one in which has significant social issues that are probably even worse then that. A 15 year old's body is still developing and while they may be menstruating at that age their bodies are incomplete to handle the trauma that a person of older age/experience could and mostly likely will deliver. To the point that it can cause damage to prevent further ability to become pregnant. I can't even say that I find it appropriate if they pretended to be 17. 18 may be "legal" but again there is more then just the body at stake here. And as a good friend also on here mentioned...people like this are predators. He more then likely did not just stumble onto the site and start chatting..they look for their prey and 15 today..what then..no 15 year olds..no problem 13...then what? 11? 9? He is a father...and he is sick...and with an illness most therapists will tell you there is no reversal from.

On a offbeat side note...I hate to let some of you in on this however the majority of the liberal justices on the supreme court reference other countries constitutions and laws to help guide them in decisions on our highest bench. A fact I found disturbing and completely inappropriate. If anyone likes non fiction. Read "The Nine" about the supreme court justices that were on the bench when the book was written. Only Soto-Mayor is not mentioned. Great insight into the minds of highly intelligent people with varying views of our constitution and laws.