Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Pleasantville cops set new reporting protocols after sergeant collapses at work

15 posts in this topic

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Sgt. Foca

Pleasantville sergeant collapses on desk duty

By Shawn Cohen • spcohen@lohud.com • January 18, 2010

PLEASANTVILLE — A village police sergeant remains hospitalized after collapsing while working at the front desk during an overnight shift Tuesday, the police chief said Sunday.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100118/NEWS02/1180326/1018/news02/Pleasantville-sergeant-collapses-on-desk-duty

Jeez. Get well soon, Sarge. It's scary to think how you can actually lay there helpless, possibly dying, undiscovered for hours.

Jeez. Get well soon, Sarge. It's scary to think how you can actually lay there helpless, possibly dying, undiscovered for hours.

This is a big reason why having one member stationed alone in one of our firehouses became intollerable years ago.

God Speed Sgt. Foca....get well soon.

Yes, indeed, Get well soon Sgt.

Working "solo" on the overnight tour is a fact of life for many agencies, and not just small PD's.

When I was working at ConEd on "midnight" shift out of Eastview, I was the only gas supervisor on duty for all Westchester, along with four mechanics. There were those occasions when we had few (if any) calls and we would not be in touch unless necessary.

One night one of my guys who was riding alone became ill in his truck. When he opened the door he collapsed, fell out on the ground and hit his head on the blacktop. We don't know how long he was passed out for, he could have been there for a while. Luckily he was standing-by in our yard and not out on the road somewhere. When he regained consciousness he called me, and I took him up the hill to WMC. Long story/short, he was Ok, but it could have been a lot worse.

Best of luck to the injured Sergeant. I hope you're back to normal soon.

Get well John, you have been a gentleman from the first time I met you. One of the good guys in Pleasantville, thats for sure.

Get well soon John. Since the moment my pager went off, you've been in my thoughts and prayers!

Get Well Soon, Sargent! Thoughts and Prayers aer with you.

Continued thoughts and prayers are with Sgt. Foca

Pleasantville cops set new reporting protocols after sergeant collapses at work

By Shawn Cohen • spcohen@lohud.com • January 27, 2010

PLEASANTVILLE — A village police sergeant who collapsed while on desk duty lay unnoticed on the floor for several hours before a detective discovered him, the police chief said today.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20100127/NEWS02/1270403/Pleasantville-cops-set-new-reporting-protocols-after-sergeant-collapses-at-work

Continue to get better. Ill see you when I am home from school. My thoughts and prayers out to his wife and two young children. Stay strong!