Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ladder44

2010 Long Island Fire & EMS Mega Show

15 posts in this topic

Anyone here going?? There's always a few

Saturday- February 27th from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

Sunday- February 28th from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

Is there an admission fee? If so, how much?

FFFORD and myself will most likely take a ride down from CT.

yeah its like $10-$13 i think it keeps goon up every year, where from CT you comming down from???

yeah its like $10-$13 i think it keeps goon up every year, where from CT you comming down from???

Thanks, not too bad at all.

We both go to Quinnipiac University, so we will be coming from Hamden.

I think you have to pay for parking too

Ill be rolling down from the sticks in the northwest corner, but yea its like $10 for parking so just carpool

For those not familiar, the show is held at Nassau Coliseum, in an exhibit hall (and surrounding hallways) adjacent to the arena floor.

Admission was $12 and parking was $6-7 last year, if memory serves correctly. I'd be more concerned about the "damage" that will be done by the increased TOLLS.

I want to attend, but time will tell if it happens or not.

out of curiosity i might go but what do those showcase at this??? apparatus,equipment, contracts for departments, or is it more of a learning experience???

Yeah, apparatus, equipment, services, buff stuff.......a little something for everyone.

It's gotten smaller from what I heard in past years, but the ads seem to make it as getting bigger...I know a few years ago...apparatus was on the arena floor...I would imagine that Ferrara, Crimson, and Wheeled Coach will have a large presence...

Too bad they don't do training, or make it more like a muster flea market....since a lot of the vendors you can get stuff off the interenet now, and smaller vendors can't afford the fees.

It's gotten smaller from what I heard in past years, but the ads seem to make it as getting bigger...I know a few years ago...apparatus was on the arena floor...I would imagine that Ferrara, Crimson, and Wheeled Coach will have a large presence...

Too bad they don't do training, or make it more like a muster flea market....since a lot of the vendors you can get stuff off the interenet now, and smaller vendors can't afford the fees.

As an exhibitor at this show (US Fire Tech, booth 210), I can tell you that the show has gotten larger. It is very difficult to get a booth there, they sell out very quickly.

Also, they do charge for parking and admission. Too much in my opinion.

I am almost embarrassed by the amount of money an exhibitor needs to pay to have a booth.

It is a greedy money grab by the promoters, the Nassau Coliseum and the unions that work there. It costs me $125 to have electricity run to my booth.

All in all, it is a good show, not Firehouse Expo or FDIC, but it is within driving distance.

I am being as honest about my participation in this show as possible.

After all I have said, please do still come and visit US Fire Tech at booth 210.

Have a good day.

Here is the link for the show. Click on MegaExpo in the tool bar then click on Exhibitor list. There is two and a half pages listed of exhibitors. From what I see Pirece(Firematic), Smeal(New England Fire Equipment), and Crimson Fire(Hendrickson Fire) among others will be exhibiting.

Hope to see you all at The Long Island Fire Show.

However, with the amount of snow and other issues in the region, we fully understand if you are not able to make it.

We will work something out where you will be able to still get the FIT-PRO at a reduced cost.

Stay safe.

US Fire Tech

Booth 210

http://www.usfiretech.com

Attended the show today and in my opinion it was definately worth the ride. Cost for admission was $14.50 plus $7.00 for parking. I counted about 25-30 fire apparatus with about the same number of ambulance and command/medic vehicles. Most of the exhibitors were fire/ems related. It ranged from architectural firms, insurance, fire/ems equipment suppliers and the buff stuff(only about 10%). Following are some of the pic's, hope to have more posted tomorrow.

post-27-12673185341.jpg

Greenville Fire District's new Ferrara, the sales rep will be sending me this schematic, so I will post as soon as I receive it.

post-27-12673193318.jpg

post-27-126731936051.jpg

Architectural drawings of additions to Harrison FD's HQ.

Yorktown's new 34 Medic 1 vehicle.

post-27-126732016169.jpg

post-27-126732026563.jpg

Edited by SteveOFD

Here are some more pic's of the show.

Looking from the rear corner, panning around:

post-27-126750040606.jpg

post-27-126750042308.jpg

post-27-126750044443.jpg

post-27-126750046849.jpg

Looking from the opposite corner, panning around toward the rear:

post-27-126750057371.jpg

post-27-126750059435.jpg

post-27-126750061414.jpg

post-27-126750063205.jpg

post-27-126750065041.jpg

Bay Shore's new (I believe) Rosenbauer Rescue

post-27-126750167983.jpg

post-27-126750185152.jpg

Detachable winch

post-27-126750191207.jpg

looks like it goes in to a trailer hitch slot.

post-27-126750198893.jpg

Hydraulic slide out bracket

post-27-126750207054.jpg

Interesting tool placement

post-27-12675028797.jpg

"Cheat Sheet" at pump panel

post-27-126750303302.jpg