Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Hurricane-like snowstorm aims for Northeast

34 posts in this topic

From the Poughkeepsie journal site, also I got a facebook message from a former co-worker that parts of southern Dutchess has 36" of snow!!! Listened to East Fishkill last night those poor guys couldn't get around anywhere, Good luck to all my brothers and sisters out and about, be safe!

My parents still live in EF, and they are snowbound. Trees down all along their road, plows can't get in due to the trees, they lost power last night around 2300hrs, and aren't sure if they will have enough gas for their generator with the expected duration of the outage.

My parents still live in EF, and they are snowbound. Trees down all along their road, plows can't get in due to the trees, they lost power last night around 2300hrs, and aren't sure if they will have enough gas for their generator with the expected duration of the outage.

what do you hear for "the duration"

what do you hear for "the duration"

Well, unfortunately, my parents always seem to be on "the end of the line" for getting power back up, and they're expecting probably late Saturday, or Sunday.

Ah, always nice to have a reminder as to one of the reasons I moved to Texas, lol!

Although it did snow Tuesday here and stuck,no shoveling was required and Wednesday you wouldn't even know it snowed. Today, it's 60 degrees and sunnny. But it's been a wacky cold winter down here.

Seriously, hope everyone is staying safe and warm...sounds like a miserable situation.