Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Banksville's new chief's vehicle

31 posts in this topic

I heard the new chief's car in Banksville is sweet. Has a lot of lights.

Has anyone seen it or have pictures of it??

I heard its light package blows away Pleasantville car 2372's :twisted:

havent seen it yet, but I hear its got even more lights that 2372...poor mike

It has more lights then my car but it's also a Suburban so it has a great surface area. I have more light per square inch. They copied my lights and added intersection lights over the wheel wells. Saw the stripping and it looks good, but Chhevy changethe red it's almost a maroon. No more fire engine red But the car looks great www.rescuestuff.net does great work Dave will be very happy with it

I got a chance to see the vehicle before and after lights, and all i can say is...WOW :yikes:

Rescuestuff, now known as saftey signal industries (http://www.safetysignalindustries.com./) really outdid themselves this time. I can forsee a few trophies for 2581!

Site doesn't seem to load. And it's not on Google either. Is it a new site?

Go to the first page on emt bravo go to the bottom and click on sites worth visiting. then find rescue stuff, once there click on the yellow box and it should bring you right there....

I got a chance to see the vehicle before and after lights, and all i can say is...WOW :yikes:  

Rescuestuff, now known as saftey signal industries  (www.safteysignalindustries.com) really outdid themselves this time. I can forsee a few trophies for 2581!

The site is SPELLED WRONG. It is www.safetysignalindustries.com. Art, one more post of yours that I have to edit, and you will be PAYING ME!

i copied that directly out of the IM from another person. Don't blame me! (You know who you are) And BTW - it is fixed now

to me, Yorktown's 2533 takes the cake....two LED bars, plus like 14 other ones hidden....it'll give someone a seizure.....where can I get a pic of the new Banksville car with lights?

Lights aren't all done yet but as soon as it is It will be up on this site somewhere

where can I get a pic of the new Banksville car with lights?

More importnatly, with all the lights on these new chief cars, is HOW do you get pictures. Seems like all that CP would make for just one big BLUR of light on a picture. :D

Lights aren't the only thing that make a Chief's car great.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good light show, but to me a well-designed car has more to it.

Is it going to have more lights than 38M1?

That is a hell of a lot of lights. I like the lights in between the fenders and i love the light bar on it to

I just don't understand this topic :roll: It's not about bells,whistle's and gong's- Just a Thought! :-#

I just don't understand this topic :roll:  It's not about bells,whistle's and gong's- Just a Thought! :-#

My sentiments exactly. How about this....how good is the Chief in the car?

A waste of money. Money that could be used in more important areas like training, better equipment, etc.... The more lights you have the more dangerous it is. Its a distraction for other drivers, they get the picture with a single light bar and strobe package.

As many lkights asa you may have, the cars on the road are still being driven by idiots and they never move for ya!!!

LCFD is right...money for lights would be better spent on training and equipment

As for the chief of the fire Department I know he’s a good chief and is always looking out for the good of the members and the department. As for the vehicle it’s not finished yet but in the end I hope the car looks great.

To the firefighters that feel that the money could be better spent on training or equiptment, think again. Banksvilles old chiefs car is almost 10 years old and is being converted to a utility, where it will continue to serve the department and the community, for many years to come. Banksville recently issued All interior firefighters brand new portables and new safer leather helmets, which is better then most departments who have much larger budgets. In my years in the department NO MEMBER HAS EVER BEEN DENIED FUNDS FOR TRAINING. Our department takes care of its equiptment and therefore feels justified in spending a few extra dollars on its apparatus. There is NOT ONE LIGHT ON THE CAR THAT IS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT, and money well invested. If any one thinks that this a competition about surface to light ratio, you have got to be kidding. Banksvilles new truck was layed out last fall, without taking other departments "light Packages" into consideration. I think a few members in this forum should spend less time looking at other departments in such a critical manner.

Steve don't get me wrong. But when you read things like the quote below it upsets me. We recycle our Chiefs trucks also and have one lightbar, strobe pack and flashers. No big deal plain simple and straight to the point. Our last two chief trucks (tahoe) has the same the only a arrow bar was added which the chief decided thats all we need to fit our needs.

I am sure it was well thought out to meet your fire departments needs and I didn't want to offend you or your department. You hit right on the head when you said it's not a compitetion.

to me, Yorktown's 2533 takes the cake....two LED bars, plus like 14 other ones hidden....it'll give someone a seizure.....where can I get a pic of the new Banksville car with lights?

chiefs suffer though a thankless job of never ending complaints and head aches from all sides. If all it takes is light show more intense than a pink floyd concert on acid then i say let 'em have the trucks. Its a great perk for a group who give far more than most.

Leather helmets for everyone?! Sign me up!

Anyone want to start placing bets on how fast 2581 can blow the tranny in this car? WM Richardson JR. says 8 months or 7,500 miles, whichever comes first.

Well lets hope it is driven safely and does not get into an accident...

Anyone want to start placing bets on how fast 2581 can blow the tranny in this car? WM Richardson JR. says 8 months or 7,500 miles, whichever comes first.

Well you may be right--it does have the big block 8.1 with the normal tranny--doesn't have the Allison auto. On the other hand it is a Chevy not a Ford so it will be just fine!!!

The truck has the heavy duty transmission made by GMC, that was why the got the 8.1L. engine. All the other engines in that body style come light duty

It didn't sound like the Allison auto-which is the true heavy/extreme duty.

It is a sweet truck though--might just have to get us one very similar to it

LCFD968, I speak on behalf of me and hopefully the rest of my department. Yorktown’s apparatus are carefully planned out to meet the job that is required. I don’t know if you have ever driven through Yorktown during the hours of 1200-2000, but if you have you already know that traffic is absolutely horrendous. The lights were put on the Chiefs car they way the are for the safety of the Chief and the people driving around him.