Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chiefbpfd

Who pays for your parade uniform?

15 posts in this topic

Does your Dept. pay for parade uniforms?

If so how much will they pay for? The whole uniform or half?

Does your Dept. pay for parade uniforms?

If so how much will they pay for? The whole uniform or half?

we use our 2% money

Last I knew members had to make a certain amount of parades to get a new uniform. Company pays for the whole thing...only thing members have to supply is black shoes.

Class A is bought by the member in my department....the FD supplys the badges

we use our 2% money

Is that legal? Who gets your 2% money?

The member pays full price.

The Company I belong to can set up a payment plan where the member can pay the cost off over time.

ALSO upon being voted into the Company the member MUST purchase a uniform within 90 days. Members can also be subject to expulsion if they fail to purchase a uniform.

We have to pay for our own everything, with an annual budget around $60,000 a year......

If the Department gets the 2%, they can set the 2% Budget. Purcxhase of uniforrms is allowed with 2% money

Fire Company pays for everything including shoes. The Fire Company gets the funds from the 2% and donation, not taxes.

Unfortunately I wear my uniform to more funerals than parades.

First of all, uniforms are not just for "parades". They are worn at inspections, wakes and funerals, fire prevention presentations, etc. There is nothing more impressive when you have lost a loved one to see your department come in as a group in uniform.

Our Fire District pays for the uniform; the member pays for his own shoes, belt, etc. Anyone who leaves the department turns his uniform in and it goes in to our "stock". New members must check the "stock" first to see if any part of the uniform fits before going to purchase a new full/partial uniform.

x129K likes this

Sure! Whether tax money pays for it in a municipal budget or from the insurance tax, what's the difference. It may not stack up against firefighting equipment, but a dept. needs a dress uniform. I think it just falls under the category of professionalism for P.R., fire prevention education and official functions from funerals to inspections and such. Now, members wearing that uniform correctly.....that's something that has to be policed!

x129K likes this

You guys are personally providing fire protection to your community 24/7, and you have to pay for Dress(Not parade) Uniforms? Kinda shows us what the public thinks of their firefighters. That also goes for the paid guys..lets lay them off to save a buck.

Over the years, how many good stops, rescues,etc did you make and how many thank you's did you get?

Sure! Whether tax money pays for it in a municipal budget or from the insurance tax, what's the difference. It may not stack up against firefighting equipment, but a dept. needs a dress uniform. I think it just falls under the category of professionalism for P.R., fire prevention education and official functions from funerals to inspections and such. Now, members wearing that uniform correctly.....that's something that has to be policed!

I totally agree with you and believe that if a dept mandates you wear a uniform than they should pay for it. I thought 2% money spending had restrictions.

I totally agree with you and believe that if a dept mandates you wear a uniform than they should pay for it. I thought 2% money spending had restrictions.

2% does have some restrictions it has to benafit everyone in the comp. my company the company and the dist.buys everying + shoes belt u just buy a tie clip if u want one