Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CM36

Tarrytown Tower

35 posts in this topic

I heard that tarrytown is getting a AFL Tower ladder to replace one of their engines. I also heard that it is going to be 100 ft midmount to replace engine 80 or 78 i also it is going to be in pretty soon so if anyone has any info on it i would be happy to know it.

I also heard something along the same path.

I also hear it is going to be painted blue and gray?!

Any Tarrytown folk on these here boards that can elaborate?

That's quite interesting, a tower to replace an engine. I'm not too familiar with what rigs are in what houses in T-town. Any idea where in the district it will be housed in relation to the other ladder?

The rumor I heard is that it will be replacing E78(the oldest in the Dept.) TL78 on the County list is already reserved for Tarrytown. Heard that it will be stationed at the new house in the Route 119 area with E80.

Engine 80 is down by the train station which is right down the street for the other ladder and i do not know where engine 78 is

Oops, the rumor I heard was that E77 will be in the new house with TL78. E77(Consolidated Eng) used to be on Sheldon Ave. in the South end of the Village before their house was torn down.

From the 3/11/05 Journal News Legal Section, the Tarrytown Village Board approved issuing a bond for $992,000 for "the acquistion of a fire-fighting vehicle and apparatus".

They should have ordered a couple more airpaks and make it Westchester County's first million dollar apparatus. lol.

wow :yikes: thats a lot for a ladder. must be a nice one. what make is it again?

It's a lot of $$$ for a truck .. i heard it will have a pump as well.

When the truck comes in it is going on tour for American Lafrance because we have no fire house to put it in. The village has not made any moves to evan start bulding.

It will be a 75 foot mid mount quint and yes it will be blue and silver

When the truck comes in it is going on tour for American Lafrance because we have no fire house to put it in. The village has not made any moves to evan start bulding.

well when you spend that much on a truck, there is none left for a building.... hey guys, I got a brite idea.. lets buy a truck before we have a firehouse it will fit into. #-o

75 foot? I heard 100ft. :-k

well when you spend that much on a truck, there is none left for a building.... hey guys, I got a brite idea.. lets buy a truck before we have a firehouse it will fit into. #-o

75 foot? I heard 100ft. :-k

they have alot of money their is just alot of b.s going on in this town

if know where to put it why buy it? it makes no sense. i do have to have to say though that i do like the truck they are getting.

if know where to put it why buy it?  it makes no sense.  i do have to have to say though that i  do like the truck they are getting.
THE VILLAGE OF TARRYTOWN PROMISED THE FD A NEW HOUSE FOR THE NEW TL AND ENG. 77 YEARS AGO, SO THEY GAVE THEM PREMITON TO ORDER IT. ENG 77 HAS BEEN A TEMPORARY SHED FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS

ENG 8022- DO YOU KNOW WHY THEY PICKED THE BLUE AND GREY

COLOR? IT IS VERY UNUSUAL FOR THIS AREA. THERE MUST BE

SOME HISTORY TO IT

How long is the tour going to be?? So what you are saying is you are paying them Top dollar to build a demo to drive all over the country then when there done you will get it back and still have no where to put it. It will be a year old and have a ton of miles on it. Doesn't sound like a lot of planning went into this

I dont know if this is true or not, but i heard that someone was going to donate a large chunk of light to the FD for a fire house, but the only reason why it didnt happen was b/c E-77 members didnt want to be stationed w/E-78 members.

Guys, ur all here to do the same thing. Cant we all just get along? ](*,)

so tarrytown is getting a blue used 992,000 dollar tower ladder...what a steal...and then they can use the 8,000 left over to have a custom car tarp built to protect it from the weather while stationed at the on duty driver's home...

They can get a funky blue tarp to cover the funky blue truck :-P

I saw a picture of this truck from the FDIC convention in Indianapolis...... It is blue and grey...... I've gotta see this thing up close, it actually looks pretty sharp!

dare to be different! i wish we could see a side profile. nice job tarrytown goodluck with your new rig! see ya at mt. kisco parade.

I can't find them on their site...can someone help a brother out?

Section about the FDIC, It's the 13th picture. Looks nice

The new tower is beautiful, from what I can tell. It's color is very unique. I can't wait to get a better shot of it.

When I first looked i thought "UGH, a BLUE fire truck?" But then as I looked at the pictures and took it all I soon realize how hot that color is. I like that blue. I wish WEMS would use that blue. Good choice. 8)

And yet, nobody has said why this rig is the color scheme that it is....

Looks nice, best of luck with it.

Now, a few other questions.

1. How will TFD modify their responses, now that they are running 2 Trucks.

2. How much training will it take to teach the engine guys to take on truck duties?

3. Which Truck will be doing the Mutual Aid calls?

4. When will it be here, so we can see it up close?

Agaiin, best of luck with it!!!