Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Uniden Home Patrol Scanner - October 2010

27 posts in this topic

A safe guess is $400-$500

Edited by RocklandFires

I'm gonna say around $200, this looks like a scanner that Anyone can use. Turn on, enter zip code & go. A scanner for dummys

$375

I say we take some friendly wagers on this and get a nice little "the price is right rules" game going on.

I would say that the price will be approximatly $500. As the new scanner will support digital trunking and the current digital scanners are in that price range. You wil pay for the ease and capabilities of the scanner.

How about EMT Bravo buy one and raffle it off for say $5.00 a shot and use the money to help run the site?

I would say that the price will be approximatly $500. As the new scanner will support digital trunking and the current digital scanners are in that price range. You wil pay for the ease and capabilities of the scanner.

I tried to find out if it supports that (digital trunking), and I came up naught.... I want to change my guess :D

It seems like it works just like a smart phone App scanner, which cost $5.

It seems like it works just like a smart phone App scanner, which cost $5.

Nice looking scanner. I'd like to have it.

I'll wait to see how much it is and maybe I will have to "go" on The Price Is Right or Wheel of Fortune, to win some $$$ to get one. LOL Give me a S, I'll buy a vowel...

I'll wait to see how much it is and maybe I will have to "go" on The Price Is Right or Wheel of Fortune, to win some $$$ to get one. LOL Give me a S, I'll buy a vowel...

post-23-013049500 1281653723.jpg

A New Scanner !

post-23-069331800 1281653755.jpg

Looks like a very cool device. Has a lot of great features.

However, as far as the scanner goes, a touchscreen picture frame with internet connectivity and a pair of speakers will do the same trick for less then $100.

Also, the easier ability of Joe Q. Public to listen to a scanner may have negative conseqences for true scanner enthusiasts, leading to more encrypted system. Plus, the untrained ear may hear incorrect information in an emergency which could become viral and intrusive/obstructive to us doing our jobs, or place them in danger.

post-23-013049500 1281653723.jpg

A New Scanner !

post-23-069331800 1281653755.jpg

Now, that is so funny. I am hysterical. You are very creative. LMAO!

I'll bid $1, Bob. (Drew Carey, while awesome, and very strange looking when skinny, can never really replace Barker).

so im assuming its just a regular scanner youll be able to pick up whats in your area but wont be able to listen to whats 200 miles out. or is it going to be like a radio refrence database where you can hear any kind of dispatch from anywhere.

$376 :P

Haha, I'm pretty sure you mean $374, but hey, a bets a bet!

so im assuming its just a regular scanner youll be able to pick up whats in your area but wont be able to listen to whats 200 miles out. or is it going to be like a radio refrence database where you can hear any kind of dispatch from anywhere.

It's basically a regular scanner that will receive radio transmissions over the air that are within range, using pre-programmed frequencies based on the geographic area entered.

Some outlets now taking pre-orders. Unit also enables GPS hook-up for faster, more accurate programming.

From Radio Reference:

The Ham Station - $495.95

Grove Enterprises - $499.95

Bearcat Warehouse - listed, but no price yet

Universal Radio - listed, no price

Scanner Master - listed, no price

How about EMT Bravo buy one and raffle it off for say $5.00 a shot and use the money to help run the site?

That is a great idea. EMTBravo should look into that. Anyways, the scanner looks great!

That's a good idea, but I don't have the funds to buy one, and I'm not sure how succesful a raffle would be. Maybe if I could get one of these companies to donate one.

I was looking at this a few weeks ago on an interactive webpage. One MAJOR drawback - if you live on a county dividing line, it will ONLY find your home county, not the next one over. For example, I now live in Phoenixville, CHESTER COUNTY, PA (Zip 19460). My town is along the Schuylkill River, which is the dividing line for MONTGOMERY COUNTY, specifically the village of Mont Clare in Upper Providence Township.. You cannot monitor Montgomery County if you enter 19460. So, for someone like me, its not worth the price. I assume the same will happen for people who live in Arlington, who won't be able to monitor Ulster County.

Has anyone gotten this scanner? How do you like it?