Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goose

The Forgotten Casualties of 9/11

16 posts in this topic

The 9th anniversary of 9/11 is coming up quickly and i thought it appropriate to properly remember are fellow brothers and sisters in EMS who gave their lives so that others may truly live. I can only hope that this does some justice as the sacrifices of these brave men and women are consistently overlooked. God bless them all.

lillo_carlos_par_bat049.jpg

Paramedic Carlos Lillo, FDNY EMS (included in FDNY's 343)

quinn_ricardo_par_bat057.jpg

Paramedic Ricardo Quinn, FDNY EMS (included in FDNY's 343)

marc.jpg

EMT David Marc Sullins, Cabrini Medical Center

KeithFairben1.jpg

EMT Keith Fairben, NYPH

EMTsantoro.jpg

EMT Mario Santoro, NYPH

pearlman_richard.jpg

EMT Richard Pearlman, Forest Hills VAC

YamelMerinoWeb2.jpg

EMT Yamel Merino, Transcare (Metrocare @ the time)

EMTschwartz.JPG

EMT Mark Schwartz, Hunter Ambulance

Also from the New York City Fire Patrol.

Keith Roma 120

Fire Patrol #2

post-1209-065226000 1283898172.jpg

Also, let us not forget those EMS personnel who were not on duty during the attacks, but nevertheless rushed into the Towers to help others, and, in doing so, gave their lives:

220px-Zeng.zack.jpg

Zhe "Zack" Zeng, EMT formerly of Brighton Volunteer Ambulance, Rochester, NY

EMT-MohammadSalmanHamdani.jpgMohammad Salman Hamdani, EMT (Unable to determine agency) and NYPD Recruit

3.jpg

Clive "Ian" Thompson, EMT, Summit Volunteer First Aid Squad

Joseph Lovero (Unable to find picture), EMT, Jersey City Fire Department Dispatcher

In addition, we also remember those EMS Personnel who perished due to illnesses related to cleaning up the debris at 9/11:

dec_03.jpg

Felix Hernandez, EMT, FDNY EMS

n45560367104_5572.jpg

Ryan McCormick, UMDNJ EMS, Newark, NJ

Deborah Reeve (Center), EMT-P, FDNY EMS

Roisin Coohill (Unable to find picture) EMT, Midwood Ambulance

Edited by dmc2007

Thank you for posting and remembering these casualties of 9/11. One of the above who lost his life that day was a partner to a friend of mine. He was working with him that day. He had told me his story of how he saw his partner die. A young EMT that will live with that for the rest of his life. And he is lucky to be alive himself, as he had some pretty serious injuries. A head injury, burns to his back and pieces of glass, wood, and cement dust embedded in that back also. One of the things that he had mentioned to me was that nobody really cared about the EMS Workers that died that Day.

I hope that this tread will show him that "we do care", and thanks to some, "they have NOT been Forgotten". They were Hero's just like those Firefighters and Police Officers we sadly lost on the Worst Day in America.

Edited by nfd2004

Goose, thank you for remembering the EMS personnel from that day.

Remember the Fallen, not how they died, but how they lived and served.

SRS131EMTFF likes this

Thank you for posting and remembering these casualties of 9/11. One of the above who lost his life that day was a partner to a friend of mine. He was working with him that day. He had told me his story of how he saw his partner die. A young EMT that will live with that for the rest of his life. And he is lucky to be alive himself, as he had some pretty serious injuries. A head injury, burns to his back and pieces of glass, wood, and cement dust embedded in that back also. One of the things that he had mentioned to me was that nobody really cared about the EMS Workers that died that Day.

I hope that this tread will show him that "we do care", and thanks to some, "they have NOT been Forgotten". They were Hero's just like those Firefighters and Police Officers we sadly lost on the Worst Day in America.

I appreciate that and those who added to the roll of honor. And to you're friend for his sacrifices.

It's a sad reality, something that pains me. What's so remarkable about so many of these men and women is that they made multiple trips to and from the scene to find, treat and transport patients. We're talking about two and three or more trips to and from the trade center - fully aware of the existing and potential dangers. It's simply beyond humbling.

I appreciate that and those who added to the roll of honor. And to you're friend for his sacrifices.

It's a sad reality, something that pains me. What's so remarkable about so many of these men and women is that they made multiple trips to and from the scene to find, treat and transport patients. We're talking about two and three or more trips to and from the trade center - fully aware of the existing and potential dangers. It's simply beyond humbling.

No Goose, its "I" appreciate what "You" have done. For your EMS service to the people of NY and for you putting a face to the many EMS workers we lost that day. And "I" appreciate "DMC2007", and "Cpage" for adding those pictures too. Each one of those EMS workers we lost that day died a Hero helping their fellow man. Each one a family of their own, whether a brother, mother, father, or sister.

You helped me to understand better just what these brave people did on that Terrible Day. You helped me to understand some of the pain my friend apparently is going through. He had mentioned to me of how counselors really didn't help. His help has only comes from the Emergency Service workers that were there that day.

I for one will NEVER Forget those EMS workers we lost. And putting up those faces reminds us of who those Great Americans really were. "THANK YOU".

Edited by nfd2004

The 9th anniversary of 9/11 is coming up quickly and i thought it appropriate to properly remember are fellow brothers and sisters in EMS who gave their lives so that others may truly live. I can only hope that this does some justice as the sacrifices of these brave men and women are consistently overlooked. God bless them all.

lillo_carlos_par_bat049.jpg

Paramedic Carlos Lillo, FDNY EMS (included in FDNY's 343)

quinn_ricardo_par_bat057.jpg

Paramedic Ricardo Quinn, FDNY EMS (included in FDNY's 343)

marc.jpg

EMT David Marc Sullins, Cabrini Medical Center

KeithFairben1.jpg

EMT Keith Fairben, NYPH

EMTsantoro.jpg

EMT Mario Santoro, NYPH

pearlman_richard.jpg

EMT Richard Pearlman, Forest Hills VAC

YamelMerinoWeb2.jpg

EMT Yamel Merino, Transcare (Metrocare @ the time)

EMTschwartz.JPG

EMT Mark Schwartz, Hunter Ambulance

Well Done Goose,

Keith Fairben was a very active member of the Floral Park FD that borders my Dept. in Nassau County, a great guy. RIP Keith and to ALL the heroes that day no matter what badge they wore.

RIP - Never forgotten.

Rest in peace brothers and sisters , thank you for giving your life to save others.

NEVER FORGET~

EMS, the TRUE forgotten heroes of 9/11. We all hear and appreciate the 343, 37 and 23 but we hear NOTHING about the EMS portion of the response and those lives lost in such a noble profession. To those lost, 'WE WILL NEVER FORGET!'