DSCN0220-vi.jpg

Highway RMP

DSCN0221-vi.jpg

Highway Auxilary RMP

DCP_0692-vi.jpg

1996 Caprice RMP assigned to the 1st PCT

DCP_0798-vi.jpg

Highway RMP with highrise bars up

2010 Chevy Van assigned to Transit District 12.

post-917-0-57204700-1304006415.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

an oldie, a Chevy Caprice wagon marked for Highway 2, spotted just recently in Mount Vernon. I took the photo from a train at Mt Vernon West (photo through window)

post-917-0-48327600-1304005490.jpg

2010 Ford Fusion

Nice! Any in service yet?

There are a bunch in service. We got ours in November. Not a bad car, but not meant for police work. The inside is too small to put a computer in the front and have two officers in the car. Also no partition. The stock tires do not like potholes, we went thru four tires in week.

an oldie, a Chevy Caprice wagon marked for Highway 2, spotted just recently in Mount Vernon. I took the photo from a train at Mt Vernon West (photo through window)

It's a pleasant surprise to see that there are still any of those around. That thing has to be at least some where around 15 years old.

I think it is part of the few older cars maintained for retirements/ and the police museum. I saw it again this morning in a yard off the Wakefield stop on Metro North's Harlem line. It was parked behind an older car from the 1960's. There is a storage yard with new vans and cars as well. It is definitely not used for everyday patrol.

Edited by grumpyff

Would like to see a pic of the car in the background behind the 1996 1st precint Caprice....looks like an older model Caprice?

Would like to see a pic of the car in the background behind the 1996 1st precint Caprice....looks like an older model Caprice?

Yep that looks like a 1986-1990 Caprice from Transit.

There are a bunch in service. We got ours in November. Not a bad car, but not meant for police work. The inside is too small to put a computer in the front and have two officers in the car. Also no partition. The stock tires do not like potholes, we went thru four tires in week.

Ford recently designed a livery version of the Fusion's sibling the MKZ which has improved suspension and a slight body stretch as well to better fit rear passengers. I wonder if Ford would ever be interested in offering a beefed up stretched version of the Fusion for police work. Oh well it would probably encroach too much on the new Taurus based patrol car.

I believe the city went with the Fusion, since it is available as a hybrid, which I should have mentioned earlier. Starts off in electric, and then the gas motor kicks in. Decent car, with pretty good mileage allows Bloomberg to tout NYC as going green.

Great shots! Any of the Ford Escapes in service?

I'm all for using more fuel efficent, realistic size vehicles but those that are equipped with Officer safety in mind. I love the Fusion, but I always though the reason why PD's have larger sedans was not only equipment, but because officers spend all day in their cars. Plus, I've seen some mangled CVPI's that attest to them protecting the officer.

Is this next for NYPD? Someone told me that the NYC Park's Department ordered some to patrol Central Park?

post-11-0-23674700-1304104964.jpg

A Lenco Bear cub assigned to ESU Truck 4, at the 50 Pct.

post-917-0-40918000-1310448948.jpg

Edited by grumpyff

DSCN0218-vi.jpg

Highway Harley

DSCN0217-vi.jpg

Highway Charger RMP

DSCN0220-vi.jpg

Highway RMP

DSCN0221-vi.jpg

Highway Auxilary RMP

DCP_0692-vi.jpg

1996 Caprice RMP assigned to the 1st PCT

The 1996 Caprice is actually assigned to the NYPD Museum. The Museum is the old 1st Pct in which it is parked outside.

The newest addition...the 2013 Ford Police Interceptor. The first marked units have arrived and entered service within the last month. Here is a cell phone pics of one assigned to Highway 1 in the Bronx. The size of it surprised me at first, almost the size of the outgoing Ford CVPI. The inside looks well set up (no photos at this time)

post-917-0-45737200-1377701787.jpg

post-917-0-12046900-1377701793.jpg

billy98988, 210 and FDNY 10-75 like this