Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Channel 5 & 9 No Longer Available On Cablevision

17 posts in this topic

Now many may say that Dolan and Cablevision are a bunch of greedy, cheap idiots who only care about their own pocketbooks. However, in this case, News Corporation, who owns 2 Television Station in the same marketplace, is just using this time frame (Just when the Yankees are right in the Baseball playoffs and the NFL is right in the middle of the season) as a leverage tool to extort more money from Cablevision and its subscribers. This is a joke and its simply not fair to the millions of subscribers who love baseball and football. Yeah, we can go out and purchase a Digital Over the Air Converter to get the local channels for free, but why spend money on a Digital Signal Converter, when you are already spending money to get these LOCAL CHANNELS as part of our subscription. Just another example of Corporate Greed, which is ruining our country.

Wait until the Yankees make the World Series and its only on FOX-5. Then you will hear the Politians speak up and scream. Then, things will start to move.

What about when Cablevision and Dolan spent over 10 million in an ad campain to shoot down the west side stadium? That was greed. Who would play in the garden when you can be in front of 3 times as many in the new stadium. Besides there is a charge for basic cable which covers the Fox channels so cable does charge for them.

Out of curiosity, what shows up when you tune into FOX or My9? Can I assume this covers the other FOX networks as well (Fox News, FX, etc)?

An announcement about why Newscorp pulled fox5 and my9 comes up, and small details about the kind of money they want. In addition they show a website you can go to to request newcorp to at least put fox and my 9 back on during the negotiations.

The other networks such as FX, Fox News channel,ect still work. I don't believe they are owned by newscorp.

Edited by 99subi

As a middle class, retired civil servant, I could care less about greedy 'professional athletes', CEO's, etc. I have to concern myself with feeding my family and keeping a roof over our heads. These people are out of touch with the middle class. I can't understand how middle class America still idolizes these boobs ...

I have Verizon FIOS its a little bit more money but there is no fighting over loosing channels. I really love FIOS and my internet is faster 25/25 upload/download. Also there is a battery backup so if the power goes out I can still use my phone for up to 8 hours. Although I am in a contract for 3 years I know that every month I pay the same amount.

Sorry for the plug for Verizon.

Fox News and FX are indeed both owned by news corp, as is Fox Movie Channel, Fox Sports Net, Speed, FUEL, NatGeo, and just about anything with Fox labeling. I guess the cable channels aren't part of the negotiations, just the broadcast channels.

Cablevision claims FOX wants 150 mil, or more than they pay for all the other broadcast networks combined. If that is indeed true, then that does seem rather ridiculous.

Edited by WAS967

If they don't resolve this quickly, I will have lots of company with no Giants on TV today.

Up here Comcast is airing reruns of COPS at game time.

I guess I'll just head up to the Wellfleet Oyster Festival and chow down.

Along with the "Facebook Sucks" list, I'd like to add Cablevision, Fox and throw in Comcast while we're at it. :lol:

Up where I am in CT we have Comcast. We lost Fox 5 about 6 months ago under the Syntax Laws where a local channel that has the same content can block another out of state channel. The problem is it was Fox 61 in Hartford that filed it!!!!!!! And on top of that, I can pick up Fox 5 with just a regular tv hd antenna!!! This really cause a lot of problems for us in Southern CT with certain sporting events (mainly football). We have two CBS channels, 2 NBC channels and two ABC channels (ct and ny based) but 61 pulled a fast one even on thier own network!!!

Just can't make this stuff up!

What about when Cablevision and Dolan spent over 10 million in an ad campain to shoot down the west side stadium? That was greed. Who would play in the garden when you can be in front of 3 times as many in the new stadium. Besides there is a charge for basic cable which covers the Fox channels so cable does charge for them.

Cablevision is a terrible company and the Dolan family deserves every minute of this. Those greedy people ruined the West Side Stadium with the money that they get for cable service. I wonder how much of the money they gave to another failure, Isaiah Thomas, came from the cable side of the business.

Luckily the ALCS is on TBS this year, so New York fans are just missing the NLCS. Must stink that Mets fans can't watch their team; I really feel for them ... oh wait, CourtTV is still on the air. :P

Cablevision is a terrible company and the Dolan family deserves every minute of this. Those greedy people ruined the West Side Stadium with the money that they get for cable service. I wonder how much of the money they gave to another failure, Isaiah Thomas, came from the cable side of the business.

Everyone forgets they own the Garden, the Knicks and Rangers as well as MSG TV.

We have Dish Network here, we've lost a couple channels (FX and MSG) due to contract disputes, but everything else works wonderfully.

Yeah, I noticed how FOX didn't show Dish as an alternative to Cablevision, just Verizon and DirectTV.

Dish hasnt had either channel for quite sometime, anyone in Fairfield County that has cablevision can watch ch 25, its not HD but shows the fox sports games that are aired.