batt2

Random YFD shots this morning

18 posts in this topic

post-891-062919900 1288033115.jpgR2 back from repair

post-891-039840700 1288033152.jpgYFD Crane at SOC

post-891-064044100 1288033165.jpgB2,B1,SAFT @ HQ

Edited by batt2
x635 likes this

whats the deal with safety are they still not manned???

whats the deal with safety are they still not manned???

Safety still has not been restored full-time. If a covering chief is available (not filling a vacation spot) he may be detailed in to Safety.

Can you tell us what the YFD Spec Ops Crain is used for?

Also, great to see Rescue 2 back and available as the Spare Rescue (I am sure that the Staff of Rescue 1 is also glad to see it back, so that they don't have to use one of the Spare Ladder Trucks as a Spare Rescue).

batt2 likes this

Where are the YFD Shops/S.O.C.? Is it at the city garage? I remember seeing something on it on their website, but I can't find it.

Where are the YFD Shops/S.O.C.? Is it at the city garage? I remember seeing something on it on their website, but I can't find it.

I believe that YFD/SOC is at 460 Neprahan Avenue (corner of Axminster) in a converted warehouse.

Safety still has not been restored full-time. If a covering chief is available (not filling a vacation spot) he may be detailed in to Safety.

ok so its still the way it was over the summer. Out of curiosity will saftey every be restored to full time service.

ok so its still the way it was over the summer. Out of curiosity will saftey every be restored to full time service.

We don't know.

Also, there are still 21 Probationary Firefighters laid off, 14 Lieutenants demoted to Firefighter and a Captain demoted to Lieutenant...

The crane is for moving concrete used in USAR drills.

We don't know.

Also, there are still 21 Probationary Firefighters laid off, 14 Lieutenants demoted to Firefighter and a Captain demoted to Lieutenant...

The crane is for moving concrete used in USAR drills.

So essentially are all of the probationary YFD members that I saw drilling and completing training academy at the WCFTC last winter not working for YFD ATT?

Edited by bvfdjc316

So essentially is all of the probationary YFD members that I saw drilling and completing training academy at the WCFTC last winter not working for YFD ATT?

14 are back, 21 are laid off...

14 are back, 21 are laid off...

Got it thank you. Hopefully YFD can get all of their FFs back on duty real soon. I was training at the WCFTC for several days last winter and saw your class live fire drilling, they looked real tight out there doing live burns on the training tower.

Even ran into Chief Flynn down there too, didn't introduce myself however, did want my cover to be blown... B)

Edited by bvfdjc316

Got it thank you. Hopefully YFD can get all of their FFs back on duty real soon. I was training at the WCFTC for several days last winter and saw your class live fire drilling, they looked real tight out there doing live burns on the training tower.

Even ran into Chief Flynn down there too, didn't introduce myself however, did want my cover to be blown... B)

That was not me, it was my body double, however your presence was duly noted and documented by our intelligence assets....

I believe that YFD/SOC is at 460 Neprahan Avenue (corner of Axminster) in a converted warehouse.

Thanks 61MACKBR1. Actually, I finally found the page on YFD's website and tracked down the address on Google and Bing Maps.

Just for the record, the Shops/Repair Division of the YFD is at the DPW Yard at 1130 Nepperhan Ave. x Cross Hill Ave. I'm not sure if the S.O.C. Division is there as well though. I couldn't tell, but the YFD S.O.C. could be at Axminster & Nepperhan. I have to go down there one of these days and check it out.

That was not me, it was my body double, however your presence was duly noted and documented by our intelligence assets....

Wait... was that... could it be...

JFLYNN cracking a joke?????

:o :o :o

Jus' kiddin' Chief! :P

Why was R1 O.O.S? Also why were they using a ladder, what happened to the spare Rescue?

Why was R1 O.O.S? Also why were they using a ladder, what happened to the spare Rescue?

The spare Rescue was out for a long time after an accident. Body repairs were made, a new front bumper was installed and electrical problems were addressed. During that time, if the Rescue 1 vehicle needed PM or routine repairs, the crew would man a spare rear-mount aerial. They would need the space on the rig to put their equipment. Now with the spare Rescue back, we have a fully-stocked rig for spare or reserve duty.

Yes, the YFD Repair Shop is located within the DPW Maintenence Facility at 1130 Nepperhan Avenue (has been there since the Mid 1970's relocted from the 2nd Bay Area at Station 7, where during those days, all apparatus repairs were conducted). The YFD/SOD is located at 460 Nepperhan Avenue (Corner of Nepperhan and Axminster) within an Old Warehouse Facility. The YFD/SOD has been at this location for the past few years, having relocated from the "Ridge Hill Bunker" (Garage and Office Space that was part of the Unused Ridge Hill Site PRIOR to the New Ridge Hill Development from being started). Back then, Ridge Hill was probably a great place to have the SOD located, given the geographic turrain and ability to conduct USAR and otehr Special Operations Training.

Thanks 61MACKBR1. Actually, I finally found the page on YFD's website and tracked down the address on Google and Bing Maps.

Just for the record, the Shops/Repair Division of the YFD is at the DPW Yard at 1130 Nepperhan Ave. x Cross Hill Ave. I'm not sure if the S.O.C. Division is there as well though. I couldn't tell, but the YFD S.O.C. could be at Axminster & Nepperhan. I have to go down there one of these days and check it out.

Yes, the YFD Repair Shop is located within the DPW Maintenence Facility at 1130 Nepperhan Avenue (has been there since the Mid 1970's relocted from the 2nd Bay Area at Station 7, where during those days, all apparatus repairs were conducted). The YFD/SOD is located at 460 Nepperhan Avenue (Corner of Nepperhan and Axminster) within an Old Warehouse Facility. The YFD/SOD has been at this location for the past few years, having relocated from the "Ridge Hill Bunker" (Garage and Office Space that was part of the Unused Ridge Hill Site PRIOR to the New Ridge Hill Development from being started). Back then, Ridge Hill was probably a great place to have the SOD located, given the geographic turrain and ability to conduct USAR and otehr Special Operations Training.

actually the shop did not leave station 7 until the early 80's and the new SOC (not SOD) location is 100 times better than RH