Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
batt2

Yonkers Engine in Larchmont

14 posts in this topic

Larchmont FD is borrowing Yonkers E315 and using it as E34.

post-891-0-89525700-1290204356.jpg

post-891-0-28224800-1290204458.jpgE315/E34 responding on alarm today.

Edited by batt2
efdcapt115 and x635 like this

Thanks for the photo! That Engine fits right in!

Did Larchmont take delivery of the new ALF yet?

To note, Yonkers is very generous in lending their spare pool to departments in need (Pelham Manor, Mount Vernon, Larchmont, and New Rochelle have all borrowed from Yonkers in recent memory), and this isn't the first time Yonkers has lent an engine to Larchmont. I remember them borrowing a Mack CF several years back (Photo courtesy LFD171)

post-11-0-76099900-1290209092.jpg

It really frustrates me that more departments in westchester aren't willing to loan apparatus. It is a relatively common practice elsewhere in the US.

What is Larchmont's staffing like? Looks like driver only from the pictures... anyone with info?

why the need for the spare?

The Pierce suffered a mechanical while pump testing.

I believe that was the Old Engine 308 (Mack CF - aka Spare Engine 301) that was being loaned to Larchmont several years back. Great to see that other communities within Westchester County taking advanage of YFD's generousity in borrowing a spare YFD Engine or Ladder Truck, in case of Emergencies.

It really frustrates me that more departments in westchester aren't willing to loan apparatus. It is a relatively common practice elsewhere in the US.

I know Armonk loaned out its old 51B3 before the new 51B3 was put in service when one of the neighboring districts was down a ambulance.

The Pierce suffered a mechanical while pump testing.

So I'm straight, Larchmont has 2 Engines, and new ALF, the Tower Ladder, and the Rescue? The Seagrave was replaced by the ALF? Is the Pierce done with Larchmont?

So I'm straight, Larchmont has 2 Engines, and new ALF, the Tower Ladder, and the Rescue? The Seagrave was replaced by the ALF? Is the Pierce done with Larchmont?

The Pierce went to Excelsior

Not many depts. in Westchester have spare rigs....

What is Larchmont's front line? Tower, Rescue, Two engines?