Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Norwalk FD Tiller Pre-delivery

16 posts in this topic

Attached is a picture from our pre-delivery inspection at KME in PA. You could find more pictures of the new TDA in the photo gallery of our website, www.local830.org.

post-4500-0-55458800-1292460606.jpg

sfrd18, Alpinerunner and x635 like this

Thanks for posting it, Joe! Looks awesome! Should serve the tight streets of Norwalk well.

Is this the first Tiller for Norwalk? Also, will the current Truck 2, the Spartan/Sutphen, be reassigned?

More importantly, will you get a chance to be a tillerman?

Nice looking rig Joe, was the last Tiller that Norwalk had the 700 series La France I remember in station on the post road next to Stews ?

A few other shots worth sharing.

Enjoy!

Looks like delivery mid-next week?

post-4500-0-12669300-1292597618.jpg

post-4500-0-19564900-1292597639.jpg

sfrd18 and x635 like this

Are those warning lights on the top of the tiller cab?

The two small ones at the top are warning lights, the big one in the middle is a scene light that comes on when the ladder compartment is opened and when the rig is in reverse. The two small ones on the deck near the base of the tiller cab are also warning lights, LED with a running light mode.

I was on Route 1 in Norwalk today and saw what looked like Hasting's old ALF tiller at the station. Did Norwalk purchase or using for training?

I was on Route 1 in Norwalk today and saw what looked like Hasting's old ALF tiller at the station. Did Norwalk purchase or using for training?

They bought it!

They bought it!

We actually traded it to Hastings on Hudson for a old reserve rescue truck that we had (R3). We have been using for training and running calls when out on training. It has been well equipped and hopefully will be a viable spare going forward,

Here are the twins...

post-4500-0-96003700-1302536025.jpg

sfrd18 likes this

Any more photos of the H-O-H tiller on how you set up equipment and such on it??

Any more photos of the H-O-H tiller on how you set up equipment and such on it??

For the most part, it has it's own saws, ladders, hooks and forcible entry stuff. We would take the critical things off of the in-service tower ladder when we went out training on the ALF just in case we happened upon something or were put on a run.

The critical items are the EMS gear, the RIT stuff and our SCBA's. I would also take officer stuff like elevator keys, map books, thermal imaging camera and my beloved rex tool. It has worked well, but now we are exclusively driver training with the new rig. It is being outfitted with more and more stuff as the days go on. It will be in service within the next few weeks I imagine.

Ladder44 likes this

Looks classic with the gumball on top of the ALF!

One awesome rig! Can't wait to see it in service!

For the most part, it has it's own saws, ladders, hooks and forcible entry stuff. We would take the critical things off of the in-service tower ladder when we went out training on the ALF just in case we happened upon something or were put on a run.

The critical items are the EMS gear, the RIT stuff and our SCBA's. I would also take officer stuff like elevator keys, map books, thermal imaging camera and my beloved rex tool. It has worked well, but now we are exclusively driver training with the new rig. It is being outfitted with more and more stuff as the days go on. It will be in service within the next few weeks I imagine.

Thats what i figured, where light bar go?? LOL....so are those ladders on the officers side towards the rear above the compartments? Its hard to tell, I know gear bags were hubng there for when it was in service in H-O-H..