Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DR104

Winter Storm Watch For Friday-Here We Go Again

19 posts in this topic

FROM WEATHER.COM

Winter Storm Watch for Southern Westchester, NY

from 6 am EST, Fri., Jan. 7, 2011 until 6 am EST, Sat., Jan. 8, 2011

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN UPTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE FRIDAY NIGHT.

* LOCATIONS... ALL OF SOUTHEASTERN NY INCLUDING THE 5 BOROUGHS OF NYC AND LONG ISLAND... NORTHEASTERN NEW JERSEY AND SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT.

* HAZARDS... SNOW... WHICH MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

* ACCUMULATIONS... GENERALLY 2 TO 5 INCHES. 7 INCHES OR MORE IS POSSIBLE WHERE SNOW BANDS DEVELOP.

* VISIBILITIES... GENERALLY 1 TO 3 MILES... BUT 1/2 MILE OR LESS IN HEAVIER SNOW BANDS.

* TIMING... LIGHT SNOW BEGINS EARLY FRIDAY MORNING. HEAVIER BANDS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING... AND COULD SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACT THE EVENING RUSH. IT IS UNCERTAIN AT THIS POINT EXACTLY WHERE THE SNOWBANDS WILL DEVELOP... SO IT IS IMPORTANT TO MONITOR UPDATED FORECASTS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

&&

More Information

... SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL POSSIBLE FRIDAY AND FRIDAY NIGHT

Bloomberg is already over at OEM....he's got a cot set up in the corner...he wears a long nightshirt that goes down to the ankles and a matching pointed hat, the kind where the top flops over and has a little ball on the end.....he does deep knee bends every morning while still in his PJ's....then....

Edit: Spelling

Edited by efdcapt115
BFD1054 likes this

Ugh, predicated blizzard got nothing until there was snow on the ground and roads were already treacherous. I'm going in tonight and I guarantee they hit the pannic button. 1 for 1 relief, all units staffed 100%, and all leave cancelled. Yay me!!

Come on summer!!!!!!

Come on Winter, help pay for summer ! Two plows ready, sand and salters ready, snow blower & ATV with plow ready, come to Papa ! need a new hardtop for the boat!

Ugh, predicated blizzard got nothing until there was snow on the ground and roads were already treacherous. I'm going in tonight and I guarantee they hit the pannic button. 1 for 1 relief, all units staffed 100%, and all leave cancelled. Yay me!!

I'm saying, like any typical politician having narrowly (at this point in time) escaped a political career killer, and gotten the media forces to bite on the union conspiracy story and thus take their eyes off of him and his deputy Goldstein (for the moment) now he'll be over at OEM like old Scrooge who glimpsed the future with the ghosts....he'll probably hold a press conference over there....hopefully in his pj's..the man loves subtle drama...

My crews worked Sunday - Wednesday 7:30 PM. last storm.

If this storm hits as predicted they will go home Sunday Night.

Nice over time.

... WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...

A WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING.

* LOCATIONS: ALL OF EAST CENTRAL NEW YORK AND ADJACENT WESTERN NEW ENGLAND.

* HAZARDS: MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOWFALL.

* ACCUMULATIONS: POTENTIAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS EXCEEDING 7 INCHES IN 12 HOURS... OR 9 INCHES OR MORE IN 24 HOURS.

* TIMING: SNOW DEVELOPS FRIDAY MORNING AND BECOMES HEAVIER FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING.

When it's 100 degrees in August, I just remind myself of stuff like this......

why is it that every time im at work it has to snow?!! :angry:

Come on Winter, help pay for summer ! Two plows ready, sand and salters ready, snow blower & ATV with plow ready, come to Papa ! need a new hardtop for the boat!

Im with ya all the way Ang! When i hear snow, i hear cha-ching lol. I dont get much OT on my job, so when it comes, you bet your sweet behind ill be there with bells on! My boat needs some minor repairs that i have been putting off so any extra $ is a big help.

Thankfully, sounds like this will be a very minimal storm compared to the last one.

So by the time I got to work the were calling for 2 to 5" for the 5 boroughs. We were all issued skeds for equipment and patient transport over long distances. Two different chiefs visited the station to check salt, vehicles, snow blowers, toy shovels, and canvas members for overnight availability tomorrow. Panic mode is rocking! 6" on the ground with a blizzard warning and we had to unwrap a snow blower that had been delivered for a station that still hasn't been built. Predicting a maximum of less than 6" and everyone is in a tizzy.

Alpinerunner likes this

Come on summer!!!!!!

I second the motion !

One storm too late. But at least everyone knows that every aspect of clean-up and public service will be scrutinized this time around. Well there goes the snow-removal budgets on what is forecasted to be an average storm...

French Toast alert has been raised to "elevated" Time to run out for bread, milk and eggs! You never know, the meteorologist might get it wrong and you might be snowed in for another week!

So by the time I got to work the were calling for 2 to 5" for the 5 boroughs. We were all issued skeds for equipment and patient transport over long distances. Two different chiefs visited the station to check salt, vehicles, snow blowers, toy shovels, and canvas members for overnight availability tomorrow. Panic mode is rocking! 6" on the ground with a blizzard warning and we had to unwrap a snow blower that had been delivered for a station that still hasn't been built. Predicting a maximum of less than 6" and everyone is in a tizzy.

Typical. Knee jerk reaction by them to show how much they're doing even though one storm was a bilzzard and this one is barely shovel-able.

The ex US Army supply officer in me is wondering with the SKEDs...

Were they fresh off the delivery truck from the factory as part of an emergency procurement order, or were they in some warehouse sitting for a while when they should be been issued out long ago for use???

The ex US Army supply officer in me is wondering with the SKEDs...

Were they fresh off the delivery truck from the factory as part of an emergency procurement order, or were they in some warehouse sitting for a while when they should be been issued out long ago for use???

I don't know if fire and ems exchange equipment down there, but if they did, SOC Haz-Mat would probably have hundreds of these.......

Bloomberg is already over at OEM....he's got a cot set up in the corner...he wears a long nightshirt that goes down to the ankles and a matching pointed hat, the kind where the top flops over and has a little ball on the end.....he does deep knee bends every morning while still in his PJ's....then....

(I loved that George. I could just picture it). Funny thing though, I wear the same outfit when I go to beddie bye. I may not have Mayor Bloomy's Money, but at least we dress the same every night, and do our deep knee bends every morning. Do you know if he drinks a cup of Hot Cocca like I do before going to sleep ?

But for those that have to be out there, Please be careful. I'm sure every little detail is being checked and rechecked.

(I loved that George. I could just picture it). Funny thing though, I wear the same outfit when I go to beddie bye. I may not have Mayor Bloomy's Money, but at least we dress the same every night, and do our deep knee bends every morning. Do you know if he drinks a cup of Hot Cocca like I do before going to sleep ?

But for those that have to be out there, Please be careful. I'm sure every little detail is being checked and rechecked.

Willy D!!>.....say it ain't so... :D