Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest pops

Yonkers Rescue 1 Numbers

40 posts in this topic

One thing that I can bring too the table is that my Dad spent 18 years at Rescue 3 during the war years. And I have been at Rescue One in yonkers from the start and have been at the BIG House for over 20 Years . So any ??? I will try to answewr all.

First, what is in our top side compartments is mostly Haz Mat equip. Also tripod with leveling device to determine stability of a building. We do carry some miss tools. yes But most of our bed and butter tool are located on the lower portion of the rig. We carry from : Man in the machine: to grip hoist to struts. i n lower compartments. We have been side bye side with Rescue 3 from the Bronx and the only thing we do not have that they do is and outboard motor and raft. Our rig is for One officer and up too five FF Rescue in nyc is manned by One officer and six members.Any ???? you have for Rescue One in Yonkers can be sent to me . I will gladly help in any matter that I can.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... -_-

Hey Pops, can u tell me where the fuel goes ??? (I bet not).......

Edited by R1SmokeEater

One thing that I can bring too the table is that my Dad spent 18 years at Rescue 3 during the war years. And I have been at Rescue One in yonkers from the start and have been at the BIG House for over 20 Years . So any ??? I will try to answewr all.

Pops, it's been a while for me....does your rig have a spell and grammar check device anywhere on board??:unsure:

I will let the WIZ KIDS answer your ????. Bye John and Jamie

I will let the WIZ KIDS answer your ????. Bye John and Jamie

Noticed your age range is: 50-60 :o

Bye Po(o)ps.....

post-182-0-10636600-1294944432.jpg

post-182-0-49207800-1294944573.jpg

Edited by R1SmokeEater

Speaking of tables, Poops, we were talking at the dinner table the other night and we were wondering how long do you have to cook shrimp before you boil all the flavor out of them?

post-4492-0-01133100-1294948064.jpg

First, what is in our top side compartments is mostly Haz Mat equip. Also tripod with leveling device to determine stability of a building. We do carry some miss tools. yes But most of our bed and butter tool are located on the lower portion of the rig. We carry from : Man in the machine: to grip hoist to struts. i n lower compartments. We have been side bye side with Rescue 3 from the Bronx and the only thing we do not have that they do is and outboard motor and raft. Our rig is for One officer and up too five FF Rescue in nyc is manned by One officer and six members.Any ???? you have for Rescue One in Yonkers can be sent to me . I will gladly help in any matter that I can.

That and the run numbers. :blink:

Must be all those requests for that outboard motor..lol

Edited by fjp326
batt2 and JFLYNN like this

Pops, it's been a while for me....does your rig have a spell and grammar check device anywhere on board??:unsure:

NO... he got promoted to chief. :)

Oh Bull, there you go again...another shot across the bow aimed at Yonkers...the R1 senior man was comparing tools and apparatus, not anything else. I am sure that he, as I am, is simply proud of how far YFD has come over the years in regard to our technical rescue resources which used to be pitiful as compared to FDNY SOC units, who have obviously set a very high standard. In Yonkers we have nothing but respect for FDNY and we're not about to be drawn into any kind of pi*#ng match about who does how much work, blah, blah, etc.,etc.

BTW, run numbers by themselves don't mean much to me, however you may want to check out your theory a bit more closely cause I think the run numbers of these two companies may not be as far off as you assume.

Edited by JFLYNN
PEMO3 and efdcapt115 like this

Noticed your age range is: 50-60 :o

Bye Po(o)ps.....

Looks to me that "they" Love Ya Po(o)ps....... I don't know you, but I sent you a "PM' with alittle story to tell you. And by the way, the picture that Jamie posted kind of reminded me of my own Younger Days, as a Young Probie.

I always felt that Yonkers Rescue 1 was just an Extension of FDNY's Rescue 3.

Willy "D".....often referred to as Connecticuts "NFD HALL of FAMER".

Norwich, Ct

efdcapt115 likes this

This is a pretty stupid response. 1st, R3 does about 1700 runs, give or take. They have a few 1st due boxes in truck company form and that is part of their total response #s. The rest are made up with being additional unit on a 10-75 or specialized rescue runs.

Run #s are pretty meaningless. It's what you do when you respond that makes a difference. There are some company's around the city that top 4 and 5 thousand runs, but respond to far fewer fires than company's with half (or fewer) runs.

Runs and OSWs are the two silliest numbers to compare or rely on.

Alpinerunner and JFLYNN like this

Regarding the comparrison between FDNY R3 and Yonkers R1 runs, lets not forget also that R3 may get 1700 runs a year, but on a large number of those they would get turned back before they arrive, due to the size of the area they cover, whereas Yonkers R1, having a smaller catchment area would arrive at more of their calls, therfore in a better position to do work at an incident as opposed to spending a lot of time travelling by road around Boroughs, as FDNY rescue do a lot of.

I have no idea on the stats for Yonkers, as there is very little in the way of such info on the internet. But my money would be on Yonkers Rescue 1 seeing just as much 'actual' operating work as FDNY R3, if not on occasions more.

Jarrod

As far as I see it, FDNY Rescue 3 OR Yonkers Rescue 1 all earn their pay. No doubt in my mind. And you can add to it a few places like Newark, Jersey City, Boston, Providence, Baltimore, Wash, D.C. Any one of those companies catch it, no matter how you slice it. And there's probadly a few dozen more like them.

I was never a part of any one of those depts, but as a Buff, I've seen all those Rescue Companies in Action.

Pretty Impressive, I'd say.

helicopper and ACEast like this

Hey.... Rescue guys,

Does not matter whether you ride Rescue 1 in Yonkers or Rescue 3 in NYC. It is the SQUAD companies that do the real work. :)

Keep that Buffbox on the west side.

helicopper likes this

Oh Bull, there you go again...another shot across the bow aimed at Yonkers...the R1 senior man was comparing tools and apparatus, not anything else. I am sure that he, as I am, is simply proud of how far YFD has come over the years in regard to our technical rescue resources which used to be pitiful as compared to FDNY SOC units, who have obviously set a very high standard. In Yonkers we have nothing but respect for FDNY and we're not about to be drawn into any kind of pi*#ng match about who does how much work, blah, blah, etc.,etc.

BTW, run numbers by themselves don't mean much to me, however you may want to check out your theory a bit more closely cause I think the run numbers of these two companies may not be as far off as you assume.

Chief, it was a joke, hence the smiley face. I'm sure you guys up north see plenty of major jobs on a routine basis.

QTIP :D

ACEast likes this

Chief, it was a joke, hence the smiley face. I'm sure you guys up north see plenty of major jobs on a routine basis.

QTIP :D

Bull (love that moniker btw!), there you go assuming (and condescending) again...thanks for the QTIP reminder but I didn't...since this has been described as the electronic firehouse kitchen, I was just reacting as the brothers would in any firehouse (even yours I bet!) when a junior guy feels the need to get sarcastic with the senior man...

Looks like Rescue 3 in Da Bronx did .345205 more runs a day then Rescue 1 in Yonkers did in 2009. Pretty amazing! Maybe a rubber dingy on the rig would have helped us. :D

Hey.... Rescue guys,

Does not matter whether you ride Rescue 1 in Yonkers or Rescue 3 in NYC. It is the SQUAD companies that do the real work. :)

Keep that Buffbox on the west side.

Speaking of the west side, when are you coming? We could use another driver!!!

Bnechis likes this

Speaking of the west side, when are you coming? We could use another driver!!!

LOL.... Ouch.

Pops... you have been around for a long time. Is it true the first order you heard on the job was "Giddy-up"?

Looks like Rescue 3 in Da Bronx did .345205 more runs a day then Rescue 1 in Yonkers did in 2009. Pretty amazing! Maybe a rubber dingy on the rig would have helped us. :D

Recheck that number, thats like every FDNY call

Recheck that number, thats like every FDNY call

That number has a decimal point in front of it. lol. I know, its very hard to see. Not to confuse you anymore, it comes out to 125 more runs a year. ;)

2009...... As per the "Mander"

Yonkers Rescue 1 1300 runs

Yonkers Squad 11 1800 runs. Like FDNY Rescue 3 we are also the citywide collapse rescue unit.

Do the math.......... :)

x635 likes this

Like FDNY Rescue 3 we are also the citywide collapse rescue unit.

They now have collapse rescue units in all 5 boroughs so R3 is no longer citywide in the collapse matrix. So to clarify you might be the only citwide collaspe unit in southern NY. :)

Yonkers Squad 11 1800 runs. Like FDNY Rescue 3 we are also the citywide collapse rescue unit.

Here's the math:

Mander will return where he belongs, sorry.

The Collapse rig was "ours" but don't fit @ Sta-1.

Squid picked up our old runs when city was split between us, extending SQ11's district outside of the Bronxville Fire Dept......

Quality not quantity- we do like seeing the Squad fella's on relocation to Sta-1 when there's a job, specially if they drop a pot of DD's for our return B)

post-182-0-30911600-1295114490.jpg

Edited by R1SmokeEater
ACEast and batt2 like this

I spent a lot of my career working in a very busy F.D.N.Y. Truck Company and finished off my last 6 years in the Rescue. I enjoyed (Spelled L-O-V-E-D) working in both companies. I did lot's of fire duty and worked at many unusual emergencies.I worked with some of the best, most knowledgeable firefighters while in both of these units. That being said, every firefighter anywhere who is worth their salt puts their life on the line every-time they go to work, regardless of how busy or slow their unit is. It's great to have company pride as long as we don't lose sight of the fact that we are all in the same business and should not be in competition.. .

Stay safe Brothers ...

Edited by bad box
JBJ1202, batt2, jd783 and 1 other like this

Come on Guy, tell the trruth. 1600 of those calls were little old ladies with diff breathing on Pondfield Road and half the rest were relocations for the Rescue.

Heilcopper, I know that it was a LOL

But, I would bet that every member at YFD Station 11 (Past and Present) are a very proud group of individuals (as are all the members of YFD) and do their very best each and every day. I really isn't about (nor should it be about) the number of runs. Its about the quality of service provided to the tax payers in Yonkers. Station 11, from the days of Engine 11 and Truck 3, to the present day of Squad 11 and the Collapse Rig, have had their share of memorable runs over the years. Keep up the great job Station 11 (PS - Wonder when [or more like "IF"] YFD ever gets a New Headquarters/Station 1, if they [YFD] moves the Collapse Rig to the New YFD Headquarters?)

Come on Guy, tell the trruth. 1600 of those calls were little old ladies with diff breathing on Pondfield Road and half the rest were relocations for the Rescue.

Edited by 61MACKBR1