Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bnechis

New Apparatus Forum

19 posts in this topic

Nothing against the hard work of the moderators (particularly in this case FDNY 10-75) But this section is hurting the quality of EMTBravo.

I enjoy seeing what depts are getting. but this is just filler. This morning 80% of the recent board is about rigs being delivered or that might be put out to bid. With half the info either unknown or TBD.

Meanwhile it replaced, a LODD thread, Chains, Grants and other great threads.

If posters have real info on a new rig great, lets see. But this is just filler and is taking away from what makes EMTbravo great.

Rant over.

Nothing against the hard work of the moderators (particularly in this case FDNY 10-75) But this section is hurting the quality of EMTBravo.

I enjoy seeing what depts are getting. but this is just filler. This morning 80% of the recent board is about rigs being delivered or that might be put out to bid. With half the info either unknown or TBD.

Meanwhile it replaced, a LODD thread, Chains, Grants and other great threads.

If posters have real info on a new rig great, lets see. But this is just filler and is taking away from what makes EMTbravo great.

Rant over.

Ditto

Maybe, put them all into the same thread, so it doesn't take up the whole board.

Agreed. Good point Capt. New Apparatus is interesting and fun to see, but hardly high up in the realm of importance, especially when compared to the topics that Bniches pointed out.

Agreed. I had discussed this over the weekend with FDNY 10-75. He said he would talk to Seth about the new posts taking up all the space. Hopefully, the bugs are all worked out.

I've set it up so the Apparatus Coming Soon forum topics don't show in the recent topics page at the top of the forum.

Does that work better?

PFDRes47cue likes this

I've set it up so the Apparatus Coming Soon forum topics don't show in the recent topics page at the top of the forum.

Does that work better?

Perfect!

Does that work better?

Awesome. Its not that I dont appreciate Eli's work, I really do, I just dont care about a 5 new deliveries from upstate or downstate when I am trying to read about other topics. Not for nothing and this is not a knock on Eli or here but LFD171s site does an amazing job with updates and actually has pictures of the rigs being replaced.

Keep in mind, it is still a work in progress. And it's only as good as the members make it to be. Be sure to post information if you are an orginal source. If you have further information or correction, PM FDNY 10-75

LFD171 does a great job, and Eli also does a great job of maintaining a list on his site as well. We hope to have a succesful list here on EMTBravo as well. It's still in it's beta mode, and we expect to fine tune it as much as we can so we can make it the best it can be.

Does that work better?

Thanks

Does that work better?

Thanks for changing it. FYI the change has not been applied to Protection From The Past or Rockland/Orange County I/A's.

Also remember folks that this section will be use for photos of the new rigs when they are delivered so that we don;t have to have a bunch of different threads as well. That was some of the intentions of this new section.

Thanks for changing it. FYI the change has not been applied to Protection From The Past or Rockland/Orange County I/A's.

Thanks for the heads up. The error should now be corrected.

Protection from the past, Rockland and Orange I/A's are being taken off of the recent topics section also?

Protection from the past, Rockland and Orange I/A's are being taken off of the recent topics section also?

No, the problem was that the New Apparatus posts were "wiping out" the Protection From the Past and the Rockland & Orange County I/A's. The change I was referring to is stopping that from happening.

No, the problem was that the New Apparatus posts were "wiping out" the Protection From the Past and the Rockland & Orange County I/A's. The change I was referring to is stopping that from happening.

Ok, thanks for the reply.

It has been up for less than a week! Give me a chance to post the rest of my pending deliveries. I shouldnt be the only one submitting information.

People are welcome to post photos of the new rigs...

If no one is going to submit content and just bitch about it, I will go ahead and get rid of it.

The issues on the front page should be corrected.

I know this forum, once we get everything going and fine tuned, will be a success. I'd like to thank Eli for all the work he's put in.

Again, and this goes for the entire site, we all need to pitch in to make this a great site. The content is only as good as the members who contribute threads and reply to threads or posts.

FDNY 10-75 and PCFD ENG58 like this