Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest beentheredonethat

Steinhaus approves new Dutchess County Coordinator

20 posts in this topic

One of the comments on the Poughkeepsie Urinal says "It's show time tomorrow at 4:45 at Public Safety Committee meeting..watch on-line and see who stands up and says NO."

What is the chance of the legislatures overuling Steinhaus' appointment. Where do we watch this on-line?

Edited by x1243

One of the comments on the Poughkeepsie Urinal says "It's show time tomorrow at 4:45 at Public Safety Committee meeting..watch on-line and see who stands up and says NO."

What is the chance of the legislatures overuling Steinhaus' appointment. Where do we watch this on-line?

http://www.co.dutchess.ny.us/CountyGov/Departments/Legislature/CLindex.htm

Click here to view meetings of the Legislature.

In my opinion totally wrong person for the job, and i do believe one of the requirements was to be a Dutchess resident.

Yup it is here is the line pulled directly from the announcement "Residency requirement in Dutchess County is mandatory."

I did save the Email from the county.

In my opinion totally wrong person for the job, and i do believe one of the requirements was to be a Dutchess resident.

Yup it is here is the line pulled directly from the announcement "Residency requirement in Dutchess County is mandatory."

I did save the Email from the county.

Wait it gets even better. I can name at least a handful of people that have political experience plus firefighting experience IN Dutchess County. I think this is absolutely ludacris and seems like a Good ol Boy club to me....

Wait it gets even better. I can name at least a handful of people that have political experience plus firefighting experience IN Dutchess County. I think this is absolutely ludacris and seems like a Good ol Boy club to me....

If anyone wants to watch this debacle click the link...they are only 5 resolutions away...

Well, 2 people went up and supported him..Just 4 years of employment....Being a paid EMT at Mobile Life previously and a volunteer in Marlboro w/ no experience in Dutchess other than the 4 years gets you the top job in the county!! Guess others that have 15+ years of EMS/Fire and Coordinator experience arent qualified enough....oh well!

Maybe he took a class once on how to be a fire officer / leader. It worked in Mount Vernon, right? :rolleyes:

Yep you got that right. See where that got them.

Well, 2 people went up and supported him..Just 4 years of employment....Being a paid EMT at Mobile Life previously and a volunteer in Marlboro w/ no experience in Dutchess other than the 4 years gets you the top job in the county!! Guess others that have 15+ years of EMS/Fire and Coordinator experience arent qualified enough....oh well!

Well, I was sent the announcement of assistant fire coordinator, Hopefully someone gets it that has a clue and gets some things done, good luck to whoever gets it cause they will be one busy S.O.B. LOL

BTW the announcement is here if anyone wants to apply https://www.co.dutchess.ny.us/CivilServiceInformationSystem/ApplicantWeb/Public/frmAnnouncementList.aspx deadline of 2/18

BIGD3265 likes this

Had to step out for errands. Missed the session, So he was approved, after all!

What is the organization of Dutchess County DER?

Coordinator

Subordinate Managers for Fire/EMS/Emergency Management/Communications????

Or what?

As for the 'Fire' side, you have:

County Car 1 - County Fire Coordinator

County Car 2 - Assistant Fire Coordinator (test announcement just recently came out, position currently vacant)

County Car 3 - Emergency Manager

County Cars 11-17 - Deputy Fire Coordinators (volunteer members who are the 'on the streets' Coordinators who respond to incidents)

County Car 2 - Assistant Fire Coordinator (test announcement just recently came out, position currently vacant)

County Cars 11-17 - Deputy Fire Coordinators (volunteer members who are the 'on the streets' Coordinators who respond to incidents)

so Dutchess is broke but lets hire a new administrative position??????? :blink::unsure:

Is the Dept. of Emergency response one of the agencies that is getting merged in the county?

like the office for the aging merging with youth services that was a great idea they start in diapers and end in diapers must have been Steinhaus' idea there :huh:

so Dutchess is broke but lets hire a new administrative position??????? :blink::unsure:

Is the Dept. of Emergency response one of the agencies that is getting merged in the county?

like the office for the aging merging with youth services that was a great idea they start in diapers and end in diapers must have been Steinhaus' idea there :huh:

Part(s) of ER have been merged, the 9-1-1 Addressing people that were housed in the DCER Building got moved to 22 Market and into Real Properties. County Car 2 Position has existed in the past, and has been vacant for many years, and both job duties were managed by John Murphy (recently retired CC-1).

I often wounder sometimes what people think when they post comments on article like this. Most of the comments I read through sounded spot on why appoint someone who has jack for experience in the county over many applicants with years and years of emergency response experience around the county. I was reading through one of the comments the person was running their mouth about the county cars, as always some people might not seem to pull weight but I know lots of the guys who "volunteer" their time and help with some of the biggest issues that face the county and there departments once again for no pay check. I don't know maybe I am just bias but hey those guys are there to help you and your departments on larger scale incidents. I am sorry for venting here I am sure I am preaching to the choir.

x129K likes this

Is this County Car 1 the position Smith got or is that the fire side line-up?

This is more than a fire position. The boss at ER has to be able to run the department, manage budgets and deal with people inside and outside the department, work with all the different divisions not just fire.

I'm sure they're people in Dutchess who are good managers but Smith was working inside the department for the past 4 years, learned the County system and got the job. He has been around the block as a paramedic and instructor not only an EMT. I never worked for him personally but I've heard of him and it was all good. Why don't you give him a chance before dumping on him?

If they had picked some fire fossil from inside the county nobody'd be happy either. Why'd the pick someone from Pawling or Poughkeepsie or Poughquag and not Red Hook or Rombout or whereever? We're much busier then them it should have been our chief or this one or that.

Of course its a good ol' boys club. That's why they call it politics.

Part(s) of ER have been merged, the 9-1-1 Addressing people that were housed in the DCER Building got moved to 22 Market and into Real Properties.

STRONGLY DISLIKES!

Poughkeepsie Journal

The Legislature ratified County Executive William Steinhaus’ appointment by a vote of 22-1. Joel Tyner, D-Rhinebeck and Clinton, cast the lone vote against the resolution.
“You’re a good man, but I believe some others may have been glossed over,” he told Smith.

MidHudsonNews.com

Congrats Dana, Good luck in your new position