Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Mount Vernon will sell ladder firetruck to Pennsylvania collector

21 posts in this topic

Mount Vernon will sell ladder firetruck to Pennsylvania collector

By Ernie Garcia • elgarcia@lohud.com • February 25, 2011

MOUNT VERNON — No fire truck collection is complete without a ladder truck, so a Pennsylvania collector will buy one from the city to round out his set.

The City Council voted Wednesday to sell a retired 1980 Mack Tower Ladder truck to Ken Bougner of Manheim, Pa., for $6,000.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.lohud.com/article/20110225/NEWS02/102250322/Mount-Vernon-will-sell-ladder-firetruck-to-Pennsylvania-collector

Only nut job firefighter wannabe's own old firetrucks.... :)

"What"

Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.......blink.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by LTNRFD
BFD1054 likes this

At least this time they are getting something for one of their old trucks. Not like the old Rescue.

x635 likes this

At least this time they are getting something for one of their old trucks. Not like the old Rescue.

The Mack 75' Tower Ladder being sold has seen many fires in Mt. Vernon. It was front line / first due for many years and then was made a spare. It predated high tech sensors and always worked when you turned the high hat and pressed the start switches. You could tuck it into some very tight places. It will be missed.

x635 likes this

Anybody got a picture of that truck?

Amen !

At least its not "BROOKFIELD BOUND"!

x635 likes this

Many Years????? Are we talking about the old TL 9 from West Harrison? It should not be sold, It should be refurbished like Pelham Manor or Darien,Ct and serve many more years in Mt.Vernon. Ask some of the guys in West Harrison and they wish thay had that truck back! Stay Safe.

x635 likes this

Funny- I know (of) the guy who's buying this truck, he didn't know he won the bid OR (that rag) LoHud did a story mentioning him.......he said no one from City of MV or paper contacted him.

Many Years????? Are we talking about the old TL 9 from West Harrison? It should not be sold, It should be refurbished like Pelham Manor or Darien,Ct and serve many more years in Mt.Vernon.

100% agreed.

Does Mount Vernon still have the other Seagrave/Aerialscope?

On another note, I also found it interesting that the Journal News did a story on this.

Funny- I know (of) the guy who's buying this truck, he didn't know he won the bid OR (that rag) LoHud did a story mentioning him.......he said no one from City of MV or paper contacted him.

lol- ya see the power of the press :) I bet they read his mind too - lol gotta love it

Did Mount Vernon acquire a used rescue truck from Orange County?

Did Mount Vernon acquire a used rescue truck from Orange County?

Yes, a used utility/light rescue was acquired from a department in Orange County.

Stay Safe.

Yes, a used utility/light rescue was acquired from a department in Orange County.

Stay Safe.

Anyone know where I would find a photo of it in it's new home? We go WAY back LOL! I rode to my first fire call in the back of it on 5/1/1991 with it's original department.

Anyone know where I would find a photo of it in it's new home? We go WAY back LOL! I rode to my first fire call in the back of it on 5/1/1991 with it's original department.

anyone know which department it came from???, why the suspicion LOL.

It was purchased in 1985 by the Park Ridge FD in NJ. It was sold to Walden NY I believe in 1995 when the department purchased a Pierce Heavy Rescue. Walden put it to good use, I believe it responded up to the Canadian border after a major ice storm sometime in the late 90's to assist with power problems.