Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

White Plains Squad 4

18 posts in this topic

out of curiosity how is it staffed and what does it respond to. I know i saw it at the multi alarm fire back in july at the bengali tiger. But other than that havent seen or heard much of it.

Squad 4 is stationed at WPFD's station 2 on Ferris avenue, quarter's of E66 and TL6. The squad is not a staffed company, when needed the men of E66 and TL6 will pit it in use, every FF stationed at 2 are trained in Haz Mat and WMD.

Squad 4 is stationed at WPFD's station 2 on Ferris avenue, quarter's of E66 and TL6. The squad is not a staffed company, when needed the men of E66 and TL6 will pit it in use, every FF stationed at 2 are trained in Haz Mat and WMD.

ok thanx for the info,one or 2 more questions. I guess it will roll on a hazmat call. I had read somewhere that it also goes on gas leaks??

Edited by Anesti

ok thanx for the info,one or 2 more questions. I guess it will roll on a hazmat call. I had read somewhere that it also goes on gas leaks??

If I'm not mistaken, I think Rescue 88 rolls on haz-mat.'s and gas leaks, but if it were a big enough incident, maybe. However, I'm not 100% sure.

The Squad will roll on confirmed Haz Mat and WMD calls. And no, the Rescue roll's on gas leaks with an Engine Co.

Squad 4 the truck, not the trailer is used as a spare to Rescue 88 and a light truck for scene support, FD and PD

x635 likes this

Squad 4 used to be Mahopac Falls 19-6-1, a Saulsbury Box

White Plains Squad 4 AKA Mahopac Falls Rescue 19-6-1

post-20831-0-04233700-1300161558.jpg

x635 likes this

Yes the box only from the old 19-6-1 is used by wpfd the Mack chassis went to heritage fuel

here is the current white plains squad. Taken during the multi alarm fire back in july.

post-18231-0-05386900-1300183388.jpg

x635 likes this

City of white plains got the old westchester county hazardous materials truck too. That also say squad 4 support on it.

It should be mentioned that Squad 4 was built in house by the White Plains FD shops. They took the rescue body and placed it on a former White Plains engine.

I believe this replaced aanother unique vehicle built in house, it was either a mobile PA unit or light unit.

wait so the trailer,the box truck,and the hm unit are all squad 4??

That rig clearly says squad 4 "support unit". its used as a light truck, RAC, and spare rescue.

Speaking to White Plains DC Mark Farrell today, the old Westchester Haz-Mat truck is the "new" Squad-4. The "old" Squad-4 (WP Pumper/Falls Rescue rebuild) is now a "spare" for Squad-4 or Rescue-88

x635 likes this

Does the county have a spare or a support unit for their hazmat or was the hazmat they gave to White Plains the county hazmat support truck?

Here's a picture of the "new" Squad 4 when it was Haz-Mat. 1/Utility 78 used by the county: http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/westchester_county_fire/westchester_-_other/hazmat_support.html

According to the caption, the rig has been leased to the WPFD as an extra haz-mat. unit for White Plains and the county. Does anyone know if the "new" and "old" Squad 4's are quartered? I'm assuming that they're both with E66 and TL6 at Sta. 2. Also, can anyone confirm if the old Squad 4 now going to be considered a Rescue since it's a spare, like New Rochelle's old Rescue 4(Now 54), or is it part of Squad 4, the company? My guess would be that it's a support unit to the "new" Squad 4.