Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

New /used Rescue truck for Hastings ?

15 posts in this topic

Is there something going on in Hastings about a new/used Rescue truck coming to or already there from a Conn. city ? Anybody know anything? or is this top secret !

I don't think Hastings would have anywhere to store it?

Its painted White

They are getting a used rescue engine from Norwalk FD as part of the sale of their American LaFrance tiller they just sold Norwalk. I believe it is going to replace the old used department spare housed at their Uniontown Engine firehouse

Medic5274, thanks for the info!

What's Norwalk going to do with the Tiller?

I'm suprised Norwalk didn't keep the rescue as a spare.

x635

I am not quite sure what Norwalk is going to do with the Tiller. I heard talk that it will be used as a temporary piece until they get a permanent replacement for an old apparatus. All in all I heard it was a pretty good deal for Hastings in getting rid of the old ladder and acquiring a decent rescue engine that is younger than their current spare engine

What are they getting from Norwalk and what is the spare that they use now?

I thought that NFD bought the Tiller from Hastings to use as a trainer/spare for their new tiller.

Any one have a photo of the spare rescue in question?

We at EMTBravo find out everything ! Mostly within 24 hours ! I knew the inside on this and new it would not take to long for a answer! Good stuff guys!

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Does anyone know what make/model this new/used rescue/pumper is? And is it safe to assume the 1981 hahn will be sold?

Searched on line for some Norwalk FD apparatus .... found Norwalk

Ex-Squad 2

This truck served as Squad 2 prior to the current Rescue 2.

Unconfirmed

We're using the Hastings Tiller as a training unit right now. Norwalk hasn't had a tiller in over thirty years so a lot of driver training is being done on the spare (which is mint condition). Our new KME tiller will hopefully go into service in May or June once we get a large enough pool of drivers. Once that happens the Hastings Tiller will stay as a training unit and became a spare ladder as the second or third back up if needed. The Rescue that Hasting is getting is our number three spare for rescues. We are very lucky to have a talented mechanics division, Scott Plank and his crew can make almost anything out of nothing. This rescue is on a spatan chassis (1990 maybe) we had three of our engines refurbed in 2005 (guessed at the year). This was the best of the old chassises and Scott got a hold of an old New Canaan rescue body and had it placed on this chassis. The rescue is in good condition and am sure will serve them well for a long time to come. Am not sure if this link will work am trying to find a better picture will post it when I find it check on page 2 bottom left.

http://local830.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_pics.cfm&viewmode=thumb&galleryID=2196&gallery=Norwalk%20Fire%20Apparatus%20Shots

I thought the Hastings old 22 tiller was not up to todays safety standards and could not be sold to another dept , I thought it was supposed to be a private collectors sale only ???