Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Vehicle Being Pursued Slams Into Parked CVPI

16 posts in this topic

OFFICER WAS OUT OF THE VEHICLE SETTING SPIKE STRIPS AND WAS NOT HURT. This was the result of a pursuit of a triple homicide suspect that just occured.

I believe the vehicle that struck the cruiser was a Ford Mustang newer model. The perp didn't make it.

STORY: http://www.statesman.com/news/local/police-triple-homicide-suspect-may-have-swerved-to-1467153.html?cxtype=rss_ece_frontpage

post-11-0-61507100-1305745250.jpg

Alpinerunner likes this

Thank god he wasn't in that vehicle. That is some friggin damage.

Suspect didnt make it? Whopppps. Glad the officer wasnt in the car.

I must add, that I was told by FD on scene that the Mustang's safety features worked, and the suspect was wearing a seatbelt, he probaly would have lived. Instead, justice was served via a full force blow into the steering wheel even with airbag.

I must add, that I was told by FD on scene that the Mustang's safety features worked, and the suspect was wearing a seatbelt, he probaly would have lived. Instead, justice was served via a full force blow into the steering wheel even with airbag.

Airbags are designed to work with seatbelts. You take off the seatbelt, the airbag isn't going to be able to do much (while newer airbags are designed to deploy differently if the car senses the seatbelt isn't fastened, this often isn't enough to make a difference). Thankfully it was only the perp that lost out here.

wow :unsure:

The Dashcam video from Texas DPS Highway Patrol has been released.

As you can hear towards the end of the video, the officers states "10-50", "He hit a Round Rock Unit", and "Roll EMS:......the officer(s) thought the officer was in the vehicle. He wasn't, thank god.

Dashcame video: http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2011/05/24/officials_have_released_dashbo.html

Perfect end to the pursuit, no cops hurt and one murder suspect dead... thats a good day in my book

Hey all you LEO out there, I just have a quick question for you guys and gals, and forgive me if it is a rather naive one. In a case such as this, pursuit of any kind where the perp wrecks in a pretty bad fashion, are you required to treat the criminal now as a trauma pt? I can just see someone getting sued in a case like this where a suspect is injured in this sort of accident and blames PD officers for a neck/back injury when they pull a suspect out of a car to put in custody. I am just very unfamiliar with what you are instructed to do in a case like that, and if you are protected from any injuries, etc.

Edited by nwpfdjr27

Not sure how all the LEO's here feel about it but I'm sure they would do the right thing. I did work an accident a few years back where the suspect rolled his car over several times and on arrival with the ambulance there was an officer holding c-spine and his partner was using a BVM.

Would be interesting to see if there was Dash Cam footage from the vehicle that was hit, and if so, if/when it is released.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! If the officer had been in his cruiser, he would have died!! :blink: WOW!!!!!!!! ( I couldn't find any other emoticons. The one that looked most surprised was this one :blink: )