Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

New England Assoc. of Fire Chief's Expo

14 posts in this topic

The New England Association of Fire Chief's Expo will be Friday June 24 through Sunday June 26, 2011 at Springfield, Mass. Hours for the Expo are Friday 0900 - 1700, Saturday 0900 - 1500, and Sunday 0900 - 1400. Price of admission is $10 each and parking is $5.

This show is well worth the ride (two hours from Central Westchester). Last year Buchanan's Rescue, Katonah's Engine and Yonker's Ladder were on display, so there are local rigs on display. There is a good mix of manufacturers on display with Fire Apparatus, EMS rigs and firematic supplies and related services. Definately worth it.

x129K likes this

bump.

It's this weekend, Friday to Sunday.

x129K likes this

are they still having it given all the damage that occurred up that way?

are they still having it given all the damage that occurred up that way?

IT IS STILL ON! The tornado managed to miss the expo hall and the immediate vicinity.

(That reminds me, I gotta figure out when I'm going, Friday or Saturday)

headed up on Friday

headed up on Friday

Might as well...with my boy!

I miss that show.

Since New England Fire Apparatus, the Smeal dealer, has made numerous deliveries in Westchester this year, there's a lot to pick from for them to bring. They always have one or two from Westchester.

Stoneham, MA's new Seagrave Engine may be there, and maybe Darien's remounted Seagrave-Aerialscope?

Does Westchester Collectibles still make the rounds to these shows?

I was there today (for setup) and will be back on Sunday. Lots of great stuff on display, New Rochelle's engine 21 looks sharp!

Darien's tower was not on hand, Stoneham Eng 3 and Meridan Eng 3 were there. I also didnt see Westchester Collectibles either. More ambulances than id ever see before also.

Good show. but it was disheartening to see lines of people at the booths that sold nothing but "cool guy T shirts", but no one at the free cholesterol screening/health wellness booth or booths that were selling training manuals.

I did talk to Spotted Dog about their ROVER system at length, I think it is much better than I Am Responding. IAR was the first to market with a response system, but Spotted Dog perfected it. I sense a change coming in my fire station.

x129K likes this

Did anyone see a booth by Sav-A-Jake?

I would like to check out some of their stuff in person.....

No company by that name is listed in the fold out exhibitor map.

x129K likes this