Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJB531

Incomplete/Reserving IA's

9 posts in this topic

I don want to single anyone out, but why are particular members posting incomplete IA's, without even knowing the incident location? And then asking other members to PM them with the necessary info to complete the IA? How about waiting until you have all the info, or at a minimum the incident location, and then posting it so no one wastes their time reading an incomplete IA.

You bring up an excellent point. IA's should be posted when information is at hand and confirmed.

Remember, IA's must be for confirmed jobs only and confirmation usually includes a location.

And, to add to THAT, the job is confirmed whe YOU hear a fire department IC confirm the incident (not PD or bystanders,etc)

Also, the majority of your knowledge should come from the scene and other original sources....whether listening to it on a scanner, communicating with someone on scene, etc.

If YOU don't have the information, then don't post.

x129K likes this

I hate to throw my hat into this ring but I happen to like at least the heads up. I remember when the Bravo had a status bar essentially that people could post unconfirmed for developing incidents. If you saw the update in the bar that Department ABC was operating at a 10-75 or MVA you could turn on your scanner and listen along. While obviously an IA should have all the info, it definitely is nice to get the heads up about developing incidents as opposed to simply reading about the incident from start to finish 15 minutes after it wrapped up.

Maybe we could bring back that status bar?

Shout Box. Revive it.

Yes, exactly, thats what that box was called.

I don want to single anyone out, but why are particular members posting incomplete IA's, without even knowing the incident location? And then asking other members to PM them with the necessary info to complete the IA? How about waiting until you have all the info, or at a minimum the incident location, and then posting it so no one wastes their time reading an incomplete IA.

It's like you took the words right out of my mouth. I could not agree more.

Shout Box. Revive it.

I like that idea!

I hate to throw my hat into this ring but I happen to like at least the heads up. I remember when the Bravo had a status bar essentially that people could post unconfirmed for developing incidents. If you saw the update in the bar that Department ABC was operating at a 10-75 or MVA you could turn on your scanner and listen along. While obviously an IA should have all the info, it definitely is nice to get the heads up about developing incidents as opposed to simply reading about the incident from start to finish 15 minutes after it wrapped up.

Maybe we could bring back that status bar?

Having the shout box was nice, and I understand what you're saying about having a heads up so you can flip on the scanner and follow the incident. But if I did an IA for every pin job I get dispatched to, of which 90% of them are not pins, it would take away from the confirmed incidents if someone had to click on 10 unconfirmed/unfounded jobs before they got to an IA of a confirmed incident.

firedude and Remember585 like this

For those wishing to discuss the shoutbox, please start another thread.

This thead is about the quality of the Incident Alerts being posted.