Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOZ45ZLE

Yonkers Fire Boat

9 posts in this topic

I was Out In The Hudson Today And Saw That Yonkers Had There Fire Boat In The Water And Was Woundering if any on knew if it was in for the Summer or just in for july 4th week end. thanks.post-19366-0-69031900-1310172750.jpg

ok was just woundering with all the buget isues becuse i dont rember seeing it last year

NOZ45ZLE's picture above shows an outboard boat, while the link for the YFD shows an inboard boat (the James J. Mulcahy). Does YFD have two boats, or has the Mulcahy been retired.

If I remember correctly, It was originally planned that Mulcahy would be fire boat 1 and that the above boat would be deployed as needed as fire boat 2.

I'm curious as well. I have seen a Yonkers Fire Boat labeled Marine 1 with the 1 in green paint dry docked for the last two years. Is this a funding issue or is it retired.

Thanks

What ever boat we have in the water at the time would be designated as FB-1, if more than 1 boat the second one would be designated as FB=1 Alpha - 41' is currently dry docked future uncertain at this time.

What ever boat we have in the water at the time would be designated as FB-1, if more than 1 boat the second one would be designated as FB=1 Alpha - 41' is currently dry docked future uncertain at this time.

Thanks for the info.