Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LineCapt

Supreme Court dismisses suit seeking Mount Vernon fire chief's ouster

7 posts in this topic

Supreme Court dismisses suit seeking Mount Vernon fire chief's ouster

Written by Ernie Garcia

August 5th, 2011

MOUNT VERNON — The state Supreme Court has dismissed a lawsuit seeking to remove the city's fire chief.

Mayor Clinton Young announced the dismissal Friday, calling the effort to remove Al-Farid Salahuddin a personality issue and a waste of taxpayer money.

"Chief Salahuddin has brought solid experience and professionalism to the job. Our fire department now provides mutual aid assistance to other municipalities and boasts better response times thanks to updated equipment and better management under Commissioner Noah Lighty," Young said in the statement he released.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110805/NEWS02/108050378/Supreme-Court-dismisses-suit-seeking-Mount-Vernon-fire-chief-s-ouster?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

Who does Mt. Vernon go mutual aid to?

So i guess now that a Firefighter can be" appointed" to lieutenant,a lieutenant to Captain, and now Captain to Chief based on the recent decision.? All without the civil service rules too include written tests throughtout NY State. Interesting decision.

Who does Mt. Vernon go mutual aid to?

I would assume they go mutual aid to the surrounding career depts. (i.e. New Rochelle, White Plains, Yonkers, etc...)

I would assume they go mutual aid to the surrounding career depts. (i.e. New Rochelle, White Plains, Yonkers, etc...)

FDMV, you have my sympathy.