Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

Rockland considers ending sheriff's Transport Unit

4 posts in this topic

NEW CITY — A proposal to eliminate the Rockland County Sheriff's Transport Unit to save $1.25 million has raised the possibility that such a plan would actually increase costs.

Lohud Article

Rockland County Sheriff

*Mod Note - Posted in Putnam Co. Forum. Please be sure you are posting in the correct forum

Outsourcing prisoner transport, I'm predicting, is going to become a trend, like privatizing jails.

Don't many PD's have non-sworn "Jail Wardens" that do this? I know Yonkers and Mount Vernon do.

Outsourcing prisoner transport, I'm predicting, is going to become a trend, like privatizing jails.

Don't many PD's have non-sworn "Jail Wardens" that do this? I know Yonkers and Mount Vernon do.

Yonkers has Jail 'Peace Officers' for the transports. Mt. Vernon uses Police Officers for jail transports.

It has proven that private prisons do not work such as the Immigration facility in New Jersey which had numerous problems. You are not going to get the same level of service as you do a sworn correction officer/deputy from a $8.00/hour security guard.

efdcapt115 likes this