Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

The Guys - The Armonk Players

9 posts in this topic

For those of you have not seen The Guys, I would recommend you go see The Armonk Players perform this play. Dates are September 9, 10 & 11, 2011, 8PM @ Whippoorwill Hall, 19 Whippoorwill Road East, Armonk, NY.

The story of a Fire Captain who lost eight men in the collapse of the World Trade Center and the civilian editor who helps him prepare the eulogies he must deliver. See this trailer from the movie. This is a powerful story and it will remember it for quite a while.

Featured in this play is Dick Nagle (ret. FDNY Lt. & Croton FD Ex-Chief)). I saw him perform this part in the same play back in 2002, I don't remember if it was the same group, but well worth seeing again.

Also, from the the flyer the price for admission is Free, but donations are accepted for Burn Care Everywhere.

I plan on attending, hope you will too.

jack10562, x635 and calhobs like this

"THE GUYS" is a must see play for anyone associated with or knows anyone involved with 9/11/01. Dick is a great supporter of BurnCare and is doing the play gratus. All we are asking for is a donation to the Foundation if you so choose to do so. There is no admission fee. The play is apx 90 min long and belive me you will be spellbound.

As Director of BurnCare we are earmarking all donations from this event for the Children Burn Camp. So if you come be generous.

Walter Ferguson

Director BurnCare...EveryWhere Foundation Inc

x635, jack10562 and efdcapt115 like this

BUMP.

Tomorrow night (9/11/11) is the last night of this performance. I attended the performance tonight, and it was just as powerful and poignant a performance as I remember when I first saw Dick Nagle perform it in 2003. After the perfomance, Dick and Jeanne McCabe opened the stage to questions or comments from the audience, and there where were several recollections about 9/11/01. Don't miss tomorrow nights performance.

The following are some pictures from tonights performance.

REMEMBER: Admission is FREE, but a donation to Burn Care Everywhere is appreciated.

post-27-0-55244800-1315709790.jpg

post-27-0-69927700-1315709808.jpg

post-27-0-84432400-1315709823.jpg

post-27-0-49869500-1315709841.jpg

post-27-0-81939900-1315710335.jpg

Thank you Steve for comeing tonight and thanks for the pictures. Dick And Jeannie did a great job tonight with this moveing tribute to a FDNY Fire Captain.

One more night to come see this.

Dynamite show. definitly go if you have a chance. Chief Nagle captures the spirit of the event and the play like only he can and it is nice to see a lifelong Westchester guy give us such a performance. Not to mention it supports a great charity.

I went to the play Friday night, my wife andI really enjoyed it. Very powerfull ending.

We saw it in NYC with Sigorny Weaver some time ago. Wish I could go to this Walter. No sitter for the big guy and with being away and the limited time I have for the next few weeks, it'll be tough. you know I'm there in spirit.

Went on Saturday night. Great tribute to our fallen brothers, by a great duo Dick Nagle and Jeanne McCabe. I worked with Dick in WPFD in he '60s before he left for greener pastures. His departure was out loss for sure.

I went to the play Friday night, my wife andI really enjoyed it. Very powerfull ending.

We just sat through a riveting performance of The Guys at our local theater group. What a powerful and touching story!