Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

Mutual Aid to Schoharie County, New York

39 posts in this topic

So B of A should just go there and hand out cash?? There are no ATMs and in some cases no banks operating for miles. Not all businesses take credit cards, especially without power. How much cash do you keep in your go bag? Eventually you'll need more. I would hope they waived any fees for other bank customers.

Tanker 10eng and TAPSJ like this

I'm happy to report that the last of the mutual aid to Schoharie County will be demobilized tomorrow and the entire operation will be turned back over to the County on Sunday.

Unfortunately, the counties south and west of there, Broome, Chenango, Tioga, etc. will probably still need assistance so the mutual aid calls may stlil be coming.

A mutual aid request went out today in ulster for our of county mutual aid. There was no notice of where were being deployed to. But since helicopper said that they are breaking down operations up north then it must be out west.

I can't believe the greedy Bank Of America has a mobile ATM to set up in disaster areas.

So B of A should just go there and hand out cash?? There are no ATMs and in some cases no banks operating for miles. Not all businesses take credit cards, especially without power. How much cash do you keep in your go bag? Eventually you'll need more. I would hope they waived any fees for other bank customers.

I saw some of them on the LIE going out east to set up, a multiple times in the past few weeks. If I didn't have any power or cash I would loved to have seen one of them

x129K likes this

Just on the update.... The Westchester Technical Rescue Swift water team returned today. They operated in the hard hit Broome and Tioga counties... Also just a note FDNY was also operating

I see many familiar OFPC faces in some of the pics, most I've taken ICS 300 and higher courses together with or teach other command courses...very well versed, very professional peeps with a down to earth understanding of emergency services.

x635...why are they greedy? People need cash and access to their banking systems which they are providing the service...if you have an account with them they aren't making any fees, people still need to live and survive and I'm willing to bet this was born out of prior disasters which that need was there and nothing was available. Is tide greedy for coming in with their name all over the mobile laundry trucks they bring into disaster areas?

MoFire390 likes this

Is anyone from the Westchester County DES going up? How about any Special Ops Departments from say Yonkers, New Rochelle and/or White Plains going up?

anyone from Rhode Island going?

x129K likes this

I certainly hope that "Who Is Going To Cover The Cost", "Paid vs. Volunterr Conflicts", and "Who Is In Charge" (Checking Egos In At The Door) DOES NOT play into any department within Westchester County going up there to assist up there. Its about providing "AID" that has been requested. Cities/Towns/Villages who are part of the Westchester County Mutual Aid Program should be available and immediately made ready to assist, in case of Disaster Support, if the "COUNTY" offers assistance to other COUNTIES within the State.

Or am I incorrect in these assumptions?

Cost is definatly an issue. The FDNY IMT is rarely called for that reason.