Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
babhits16

Corrections Fire Department

16 posts in this topic

The second picture of the truck that looks like an airport fire truck is bad a**, I like the color and paint scheme too

It is a crash-rescue style truck and probably serves two useful purposes. One is an aircraft suitable apparatus due to the proximity of Riker's Island to LaGuardia Airport and the other is good old fashioned disorder control! B)

x129K and Just a guy like this

It is a crash-rescue style truck and probably serves two useful purposes. One is an aircraft suitable apparatus due to the proximity of Riker's Island to LaGuardia Airport and the other is good old fashioned disorder control! B)

NYPD used to have at least one old airport truck located at the station off the Degan between Yankee Stadium and the GWB. I drove past last thursday and its gone.

NYPD used to have at least one old airport truck located at the station off the Degan between Yankee Stadium and the GWB. I drove past last thursday and its gone.

Thats the old 44 precinct, now home to the Disorder Control Unit. The truck might have been moved out to Floyd Bennet Field in Brooklyn. Which at times seems like a parking lot of old/ unwanted special equipment

I believe there once was a plane crash on Rikers- I recall seeing black and white new footage. I also recall seeing a more recent news report with a live shot at the main SOD base. In the back ground was a modern ladder truck, painted in NYPD blue.

I believe there once was a plane crash on Rikers- I recall seeing black and white new footage. I also recall seeing a more recent news report with a live shot at the main SOD base. In the back ground was a modern ladder truck, painted in NYPD blue.

If your talking about this one,its a fake.

post-18231-0-68110400-1316516433.jpg

If your talking about this one,its a fake.

Anesti, I remember seeing that picture too. But how and when did you find out it was a FAKE. I do know that for a long time,(pre 9/11) I would ride by the NYPD Shops in Queens and see all kinds of police vehicles parked out on the street. I took many pictures of them. I believe I also have pictures of the vehicle being discussed earlier in this thread.

Anesti, if you want, send me a "PM" with your address and I'll mail you down the disk, if you're willing to post them. (posting photos from a disk is WAY Beyond my Computer Skills). I may be calling you soon too.

Anesti, I remember seeing that picture too. But how and when did you find out it was a FAKE. I do know that for a long time,(pre 9/11) I would ride by the NYPD Shops in Queens and see all kinds of police vehicles parked out on the street. I took many pictures of them. I believe I also have pictures of the vehicle being discussed earlier in this thread.

Anesti, if you want, send me a "PM" with your address and I'll mail you down the disk, if you're willing to post them. (posting photos from a disk is WAY Beyond my Computer Skills). I may be calling you soon too.

Hey bill, its a fake because it is Mount Vernon Station 3 and Their Tower Ladder. Ill send you a pm with my addressee. I enjoy your pics and would gladly post them.

Mt Vernon's Tower Ladder 1, can easily spot the resemblence. Especially the missing bailout ladder on the boom.

post-18231-0-79247500-1316520826.jpg

I believe there once was a plane crash on Rikers- I recall seeing black and white new footage.

Yes, Rikers Island was the crash site for Northeast Airlines Flight 823, Feb. 1, 1957. It was a Douglas DC-6 enroute for Miami and crashed after taking off from runway 4 in a snow storm, killing 20 of the 100 people on board.

Edited by firedude