Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Canaan's Ward LaFrance Tanker For Sale

11 posts in this topic

I just confirmed that Norwalk gave it back due to lack of use.

Edited by dfdallen

I just confirmed that Norwalk gave it back due to lack of use.

That explains it. Why would norwalk need a tanker anyway? Besides, those photos look old.

That explains it. Why would norwalk need a tanker anyway? Besides, those photos look old.

For the highway, hazmats and other areas of the town where there were long hose lays I believe was the original intentions. I have to search the forum archives when it was located to Norwalk. Unless Joe C. can explain the ET's use better.

firedude likes this

Besides, those photos look old.

From Fall of 2007, when the new Tanker was delivered,

firedude likes this

Norwalk's headquarters is slated to be demoed starting in December (hopefully)so all of the companies from here will be moving over to the shops were the tanker was stored. So the number one reason we gave it back to NC was to create room for the front line pieces. It also sat idled for the last three years or so not going on one call and the plans that we did have for it in the beginning all sort of fell through due to time and money reasons.

For the highway, hazmats and other areas of the town where there were long hose lays I believe was the original intentions. I have to search the forum archives when it was located to Norwalk. Unless Joe C. can explain the ET's use better.

From Fall of 2007, when the new Tanker was delivered,

Not your photos... the ones posted on the ebay listing. Seth, your photos look great!

Edited by firedude

Norwalk's headquarters is slated to be demoed starting in December (hopefully)so all of the companies from here will be moving over to the shops were the tanker was stored. So the number one reason we gave it back to NC was to create room for the front line pieces. It also sat idled for the last three years or so not going on one call and the plans that we did have for it in the beginning all sort of fell through due to time and money reasons.

Thanks Cap!